Graduation Requirements (2012-2013 Catalog)
- A minimum of 120 credits.
- 36 credits earned in upper-division coursework.
- Minimum of 32 credits completed in residence at Brandman; 18 of which must be upper -division credits, 12 of which must be completed in students major.
- A 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale at Brandman and transfer work.
- A 2.0 grade point average in all major and minor coursework. Programs may have additional grade requirements.
- Resolution of all "Cl" and "l" grades.
- LBSU 300 Liberal Arts Core Foundations- (Cannot be used as an elective in a major, minor, or certificate program)
- LBSU 302 Information Fluency and Academic Integrity (Cannot be used as an elective in a major, minor, or certificate program)
General Education Requirements
Complete general education requirements
A. Multiple Subjects core requirements (36 credits):
ARTU 450 Teaching the Visual Arts 3 EDUU 413 Student Health and Safety 2 EDUU 414 Physical Education in the Elementary School 1 EDUU 451 Educational Applications of Computers 3 ENGU 450 Literature of Children and Young Adults 3 ENGU 471 Introduction to Linguistics 3 HISU 372 California History 3 LBSU 310 Music, Movement and Drama 3 LBSU 402 Ways and Rhetoric of Knowing 3 MATU 206 Math for Elementary School Teachers I 3 MATU 207 Math for Elementary School Teachers II 3 PSYU 323 Child Development 3 POSU 110 Introduction to American Politics 3 or
POSU 343 Constitutional Government or
POSU 344 Constitutional Rights
B. Depth of Study Concentration (9 credits):
Choose one area of concentration from the following:
1. Language Arts:
Literature (English or other language) 200 level or higher 3 Advanced writing 200 level or higher 3 COMU 315 Intercultural Communications 3
2. Social Science:
SOCU 101 Introduction to Sociology 3 Choose one course from the following: HISU 105, 304, 306, 316, 317, 323, 337, 355 3 Choose one additional upper division United States history or Political Science course.
3. Early Childhood Education:
Choose nine credits from Early Childhood Education courses: 9 ECED 300, ECED 301, ECED 302, ECED 303, ECED 304, EDUU 325, EDUU 326, EDUU 330. (These may be transferred in. ECE courses must be eligible for CSU/UC transferability.)
Total credits 45
NOTE: Teacher Credential Programs: A California Multiple Subject, Single Subject or Education Specialist teaching credential requires both proof of subject matter competence — i.e. passing score on the appropriate CSET and CBEST — and completion of an approved credential program. Students seeking one or more of the teaching credentials must make formal application to the teacher credential program. See your program advisor for information about the requirements and procedures for applying to the appropriate teacher credential program.