TECU 0005: Certified Network Technician
This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems to prepare for the CompTIA® Network+® Exam or who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration.
This course is also taught with Brandman’s LIVE ONLINE training format using Adobe Connect. Students receive the same high-quality training as found in a traditional classroom setting.
LIVE ONLINE training includes:
- Delivered in real time by an instructor
- Full access to course presentations and documents
- Live interaction with classmates and instructor using a collaborative learning platform
- Play back recording of any class for later review
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the basic network theory concepts.
- Identify the major network communications methods.
- Describe network media and hardware components.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify the components of a TCP/IP network implementation.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- Identify the components of a LAN implementation.
- Identify the infrastructure of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Identify the major issues and methods to secure systems on a network.
- Identify the major issues and technologies in network security.
- Identify network security threats and attacks.
- Describe troubleshooting of issues on a network.
- Identify the tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
Books, Meals, Travel, Materials, Software, Equipment: No Cost.
The tuition only covers administrative costs and nothing else is provided to the student.
$2,900 (EdAssist discounted rate $2,610)
Ways to Learn