TECU 0006: Certified Security Technician
This course will also provide the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
Program OverviewThis course is targeted toward an Information Technology or Telecom professional who has Networking and administrative skills in Windows‐based TCP/IP networks and familiarity with other operating systems, such as OS X, Unix, or Linux, and who wants to further a career in IT or Telecom by acquiring a foundational knowledge of security topics.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify security threats
- Manage certificates
- Harden internal systems and services
- Harden internetwork devices and services
- Secure network communications
- Manage public key infrastructure (pki)
- Enforce organizational security policies
- Monitor the security infrastructure
- Manage security incidents
- Identify fundamental concepts of computer security
- Establish best practices for creating and running web-‐based applications
Tuition covers only the cost of the course. Nothing else is provided to the student.
$2,900EdAssist discounted rate $2,610
Ways to Learn