TECU 0095: Certified Wireless Technician
Program OverviewUsing instructor-led discussions, lectures, and hands-on lab exercises, this course allows you to be proficient in installing, configuring, and performing monitoring tasks needed to support a Small-Medium Business & Enterprise Cisco Wireless Networks.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe 802.11 technology fundamentals
- Describe the various Cisco wireless architectures
- Maintain and monitor a Cisco wireless network
- Distinguish different lightweight AP modes
- Describe physical infrastructure connections
- Describe AP and WLC management access connections
- Execute initial setup procedures utilizing Cisco wireless infrastructures
- Describe the Cisco implementation of the CAPWAP discovery and join process
- Describe RF fundamentals, propagation of radio waves, and signal measurements
- Identify wireless network and client management and configuration platform options
- Describe and configure the components of a wireless LAN access for client connectivity using GUI only
- Describe Wi-Fi antenna characteristics, basic governance, and channel/power allocation & combination
Books, Meals, Travel, Materials, Software, Equipment: No Cost.
The tuition only covers administrative costs and nothing else is provided to the student.
$2,950 (EdAssist discounted rate $2,655)
Ways to Learn