TECU 0046 - ETA Fiber Optics Installer Certification
In this course students will gain the necessary training to prepare for the ETA Fiber Optics Installer Certification exam.
Gain the working knowledge and skills in fiber optics communication theory to prepare for the ETA Fiber Optics Installer Certification. In this course you will obtain the required knowledge of installation and broadband applications for ﬁber optic systems used in the telecommunications industry. Learn about how voice, video and text data is converted and transmitted over optical fiber links. At the end of this course, you will be ready to sit for the ETA Fiber Optics Installer Certification exam.
This course is also taught with Brandman’s LIVE ONLINE training format. Students receive the same high-quality training as found in a traditional classroom setting.
LIVE ONLINE training includes:
- Delivered in real time by an instructor
- Full access to course presentations and documents
- Live interaction with classmates and instructor using a collaborative learning platform
- Play back recording of any class for later review
- History of fiber optics and principles of fiber optics transmissions
- Principles of light, fiber optics construction and optical fiber characteristics
- Broadband applications and future of Fiber Optics
- Light sources, receivers, system design in short distance applications and long-haul trunk applications
- Installation skills including Fusion Splice, Polish and Test Fiber optics
Tuition covers only the cost of the course. Nothing else is provided to the student.
Approximately 40 hours
Ways to Learn