TECU 0065 - ETA Fiber Optics Technician Certification
Students will gain the necessary training to prepare for the ETA Fiber Optics Technician Certification exam.
Gain the necessary knowledge to prepare for the ETA Fiber Optics Technician Certification. In this course you will acquire a comprehensive understanding of installation and troubleshooting procedures for ﬁber optic systems used in the telecommunications industry. Learn about light sources, detectors, connectors, ampliﬁers, and other optical passive components typical of a ﬁber optic system. The main characteristics of the most used ﬁber optic cables are introduced together with the industry standards such as NEC® and TIA which regulate ﬁber systems installation. At the end of this course, you will be ready to sit for the ETA Fiber Optics Technician Certification exam.
This course is also taught with Brandman’s LIVE ONLINE training format. Students receive the same high-quality training as found in a traditional classroom setting.
LIVE ONLINE training includes:
- Delivered in real time by an instructor
- Full access to course presentations and documents
- Live interaction with classmates and instructor using a collaborative learning platform
- Play back recording of any class for later review
- Differentiate the different types of fiber optic cables
- Demonstration of the fiber optics installation principle
- Testing equipment including Optical Time Domain Reﬂectometer (OTDR)
- Tier 1 vs. tier 2
- Passive optical components found in a Passive Optical Network (PON) vs. Fiber-to-the-x (FTTx) architectures
- Procedure to perform mechanical and fusion splicing
Tuition covers only the cost of the course. Nothing else is provided to the student.
Approximately 40 hours
Ways to Learn