TECU 0064 Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC)
In this course students will gain the necessary training to prepare for the HVAC - Section 608 EPA Certification License.
Gain the necessary training to prepare for the HVAC - Section 608 EPA Certification License. In this course you will acquire hands-on learning experience in HVAC disciplines and HVAC systems including components, motors, and how the systems function. You will also learn about troubleshooting techniques and how to service or charge AC units in the “hands on” labs. At the end of this course, you will be ready to perform intermediate HVAC jobs and sit for the HVAC - Section 608 EPA Certification License exam.
This course is also taught with Brandman’s LIVE ONLINE training format. Students receive the same high-quality training as found in a traditional classroom setting.
LIVE ONLINE training includes:
- Delivered in real time by an instructor
- Full access to course presentations and documents
- Live interaction with classmates and instructor using a collaborative learning platform
- Play back recording of any class for later review
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Fundamentals of effective HVAC system functionality including parts, components, and equipment
- How to perform recovery, evacuation, and charging of AC units in sequential steps
- Electronics of HVAC systems and theory of air flow
- Motors, controls and circuits
- Copper, PVC, galvanized pipe, black steel pipe (schedules 20,40,80), values, fit-ups and preparation
- HVAC system problem diagnosis and troubleshooting
Tuition covers only the cost of the course. Nothing else is provided to the student.
Approximately 40 hours
Ways to Learn