TECU 8003: Scaling Networks
Learn how to configure routers and switches for advanced functionality and troubleshoot routers and switches and resolve common issues.
The Scaling Networks course teaches the architecture, components, and operations of routers and switches in larger and more complex networks. Students learn how to configure routers and switches for advanced functionality. By the end of this course, students will be able to configure and troubleshoot routers and switches and resolve common issues with OSPF, EIGRP, and STP in both IPv4 and IPv6 networks. Students will also develop the knowledge and skills needed to implement a WLAN in a small-to-medium network.
$1,850EdAssist discounted rate $1,665
Ways to Learn
Live Online Format
This course is also taught with Brandman’s LIVE ONLINE training format using a video communications software. Students receive the same high-quality training as found in a traditional classroom setting. Join us from anywhere with an internet connection.
LIVE ONLINE training includes:
- Delivered in real time by an instructor
- Full access to course presentations and documents
- Live interaction with classmates and instructor using a collaborative learning platform
- Play back recording of any class for later review
Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Install, operate, and troubleshoot a medium-sized network, including connecting to a WAN and implementing network security
- Describe the effects of new technologies such as IoE, IoT, IWAN, and SDN on network evolution
- Operate a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches, supporting VLANs, trunking, and spanning tree
- Troubleshoot IP connectivity
- Describe how to configure and troubleshoot EIGRP in an IPv4 environment, and configure EIGRP for IPv6
- Configure and troubleshoot OSPF in an IPv4 environment and configure OSPF for IPv6
- Define characteristics, functions, and components of a WAN
- Describe how device management can be implemented using the traditional and intelligent ways
Tuition covers only the cost of the course. Nothing else is provided to the student.