|NURU 603||Advanced Health Assessment Across the Lifespan and Cultures||
|NURU 605||Advanced Pathophysiology across the Lifespan||
|NURU 606||Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics Across the Lifespan||
|NURU 610||Synthesis of Advanced Practice Management, Role and EBP||
|NURU 641||Psychopharmacology Across the Lifespan||
|NURU 642||Management in Lifespan Psychiatric and Mental Health Care*||
|NURU 643||Practicum in Psychotherapeutic Treatment Modalities (255 hours)*^^||
|NURU 644||Complex and Chronic Problems in Psychiatric and Mental Health Care||
|NURU 645||Practicum for Complex and Chronic Problems in Psychiatric and Mental Health Care*||
* Students in these courses are required to attend a face-to-face immersion.
^^ If a student does not complete the required 255 clinical hours during the initial specialty course clinical session/s (NURU 643 Practicum in Psychotherapeutic Treatment Modalities and NURU 645 Practicum for Complex and Chronic Problems in Psychiatric and Mental Health Care), s/he will be enrolled in a NURU 699 Independent Practicum for Clinical Hours completion Independent Practicum for Clinical Hours completion (0 credits) and required to pay a Continuing Clinical fee, per each course and session, until the student receives a “P” in the specialty clinical course or until the student’s seven year program completion timeline has expired.
Post Doctoral Certificate, Psychiatric and Mental Health NP
This certificate is designed for the APRN who has a doctorate in nursing and wants to add a new NP specialty. For the psychiatric and mental health nurse practitioner certification, students will acquire skills in managing the care of individuals with psychiatric and mental health disorders in environments such as private practices, outpatient or community clinics. Areas of focus include: psychopharmacology and psychotherapeutic treatment.
Psychiatric & Mental Health Program Overview
The Post-Doctoral Certificate, Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, gives an APRN with a Ph.D. or DNP the opportunity to add a specialty in Psychiatric and Mental Health.
- Expand your scope of practice, increase professional opportunities, and meet requirements for national certification in a new NP specialty.
- Explore emergency psychiatric services, psychosocial and physical assessments, treatment plans and managed patient care.
- Learn from online lectures, demonstrations and exercises as well as internships/clinical practice in hospitals, clinics and health centers near your home or work.
- Attend face-to-face and virtual immersion sessions.
- Complete your program in as little as 6 months.
- Become eligible for the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) certification examination after graduation.
Spring I (Jan 06, 2020)
$1135/CreditHelp me estimate my cost
Ways to Learn
Both the faculty and staff members have been very supportive in every way, manifesting their core values in action. Students are accorded the same respect and dignity regardless of their cultural background, color, gender or religion.
It was a big sacrifice with two daughters in college and it takes persistence and patience. Brandman is very supportive of students. They push their students in the right direction and motivate them. It was a positive experience and coming from a family of nurses, that’s saying a lot.
...it was always my goal to become a Nurse Practitioner. I wanted to mentor other nurses who were new to the profession and share my experiences with them.
Imagine Your Future In Psychiatric and Mental Health NP
Results for [location name]
Top Organizations Hiring
Data source: Economic Modeling, LLC (Emsi) / www.economicmodeling.com
The pathway information provided through this website are based in part on U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data that is licensed by Brandman University from Emsi. While Brandman University believes this data to be reliable as a whole, some of the data is based on estimates made by Emsi, when actual data is not available. Those estimates and the corresponding data may not be accurate.
1. Change in employment projections 2016 - 2026
2. Based on BLS Occupational Employment Statistics and updated quarterly
Applicants for this program must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- Completed application
- Three on-line forms (preferred) or 3 letters of recommendation forms
- Goal statement
- Self evaluation
- Current resume or CV
- Personal interview with Program Director
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions where post-baccalaureate coursework was completed or attempted
- National certification as an APRN or CNS (or eligible to take National Certification exam), if required by your State Board of Nursing to practice
- DNP or Ph.D. from a CCNE or NLNAC accredited program
- Unencumbered APRN license in your current specialty*
- Unencumbered RN license from the state where you plan to do your precepted clinical practicum hours*
- Priority application deadline: Oct. 30, 2018
- Final completed admission deadline: December 1, 2018
* Unencumbered APRN license is not required of CNS or other APRN if license is not required by their state to practice, or if in the process of taking national certification exam in specialty.