Graduation Requirements (2012-2013 Catalog)
- A minimum of 120 credits.
- 36 credits earned in upper-division coursework.
- Minimum of 32 credits completed in residence at Brandman; 18 of which must be upper -division credits, 12 of which must be completed in students major.
- A 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale at Brandman and transfer work.
- A 2.0 grade point average in all major and minor coursework. Programs may have additional grade requirements.
- Resolution of all "Cl" and "l" grades.
- LBSU 300 Liberal Arts Core Foundations- (Cannot be used as an elective in a major, minor, or certificate program)
- LBSU 302 Information Fluency and Academic Integrity (Cannot be used as an elective in a major, minor, or certificate program)
General Education Requirements
Complete general education requirements
Curriculum Alignment Project Eight (24 credits):
ECED 101 Child Growth and Development (CDEV 100) 3 ECED 110 Child, Family and Community (CDEV 110) 3 ECED 120 Principles and Practices of Teaching Young Children (ECE 120) 3 ECED 130 Introduction to Curriculum for Young Children (ECE 130) 3 ECED 200 Observation and Assessment of Young Children (ECE 200) 3 ECED 210 Practicum in Early Childhood Education - I (ECE 210) 3 ECED 220 Health, Safety and Nutrition (ECE 220) 3 ECED 230 Teaching in a Diverse Society (ECE 230) 3
Core (9 credits):
ECED 300 The Professional Early Childhood Educator 3 ECED 301 Effective Support for Children with Exceptional Needs and Their Families 3 EDUU 330 Dual Language Learners and their Families 3
Content (15 credits):
ECED 302 Social and Emotional Competence in Early Childhood Education 3 ECED 303 Integrating Learning Standards in Early Childhood Settings: Language and Literacy 3 ECED 304 Integrating Learning Standards in Early Childhood Settings: Math and Science 3 ECED 400 Integrated Practice in Early Childhood Education—Practicum II 3 ECED 401 The Early Childhood Teacher as Decision Maker (Capstone) 3
Total credits 48