Graduation Requirements (2012-2013 Catalog)
- A minimum of 120 credits.
- 36 credits earned in upper-division coursework.
- Minimum of 32 credits completed in residence at Brandman; 18 of which must be upper -division credits, 12 of which must be completed in students major.
- A 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale at Brandman and transfer work.
- A 2.0 grade point average in all major and minor coursework. Programs may have additional grade requirements.
- Resolution of all "Cl" and "l" grades.
- LBSU 300 Liberal Arts Core Foundations- (Cannot be used as an elective in a major, minor, or certificate program)
- LBSU 302 Information Fluency and Academic Integrity (Cannot be used as an elective in a major, minor, or certificate program)
General Education Requirements
Complete general education requirements
Core Foundation in Psychological Science (30 credits):
PSYU 101 Introduction to Psychology 3 MATU 203 Introduction to Statistics 3 PSYU 301 Scientific Writing in Behavioral Sciences and Social Sciences 3 PSYU 304 Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences 3 PSYU 320 Human Development Through the Lifespan 3 PSYU 328 Abnormal Psychology 3 PSYU 333 Physiological Psychology 3 PSYU 336 Social Psychology 3 PSYU 351 History & Systems of Psychology 3 PSYU 480 Psychology Capstone 3
Electives (18 credits; 12 credits must be upper division):
Students may use any PSYU courses that do not duplicate core foundations courses in the list above. SOCU 391 may also be used to satisfy this elective requirement. Students who are transferring credits from an accredited college or university may transfer in a total of 6 lower-division elective credits in psychology excluding personal development or personal adjustment courses.
Total credits 48