Graduation Requirements (2012-2013 Catalog)
- A minimum of 120 credits.
- 36 credits earned in upper-division coursework.
- Minimum of 32 credits completed in residence at Brandman; 18 of which must be upper -division credits, 12 of which must be completed in students major.
- A 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale at Brandman and transfer work.
- A 2.0 grade point average in all major and minor coursework. Programs may have additional grade requirements.
- Resolution of all "Cl" and "l" grades.
- LBSU 300 Liberal Arts Core Foundations- (Cannot be used as an elective in a major, minor, or certificate program)
- LBSU 302 Information Fluency and Academic Integrity (Cannot be used as an elective in a major, minor, or certificate program)
General Education Requirements
Complete general education requirements
Major core requirements (18 credits):
SOCU 101 Introduction to Sociology 3 PSYU 101 Introduction to Psychology 3 SOCU 301 Social Research Design 3 SOCU 436 Globalization and Social Change 3 SOCU 450 Social and Political Theory 3 SSCU 494 Social Science Capstone Course 3
Concentration area requirements (33 credits, 24 credits must be upper division):
areas from the disciplines of criminal justice, history, organizational leadership, political science, psychology, and sociology as a first, second and third concentration area and complete courses minimally distributed as follows. The first concentration choice represents the primary emphasis area of the program. One course from each concentration area may be lower division.
First concentration (emphasis) area 12 Second concentration area 12 Third concentration area 9
Total credits 51