Undergraduate Degree Requirements
I. Graduation RequirementsAssociate of Arts
- A minimum of 62 credits is required.
- Completion of basic skills (ENGU 103, ENGU 104 and MATU 104 or higher) and breadth requirements in General Education.
- 15 credits in residence with a 2.0 minimum grade point average is required.
- The Junior Writing Proficiency Exam (JWP) is not required.
- Degree requirements cannot be waived by the CSU or IGETC certification.
II. Graduation RequirementsBachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science
- A minimum of 124 credits.
- 36 credits earned in upper-division coursework.
- Minimum of 32 credits completed in residence at Chapman; 18 of which must be upper-division credits, 12 of which must be completed in student's major.
- A 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale at Chapman and transfer work.
- A 2.0 grade point average in all major and minor coursework. Departments may have additional grade requirements.
- Successful completion of the Junior Writing Proficiency Exam (JWP).
- Resolution of all "CI" and "I" grades.
- LBSU 300 University College Foundation.
III. Academic Major Credits and specific courses
- See department listing. Students must follow general education and major requirements of the same year.
- A minimum of 21 credits of upper-division coursework in the major; a minimum of a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale in the major and in upper-division work.
Split major (Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degrees)
- 15 upper-division credits in one department and 21 upper-division credits in another: consult departments before planning a split major.
- A minimum of 18 credits may not be duplicated by the second major.
- Majors must be appropriate to the degree.
- Completion of all requirements for both majors.
- Second major may be completed before or after awarding of the degree.
- Only one diploma will be issued showing the major(s) completed at the time of graduation.
Bachelor of Science
- A minimum of 34 credits (upper and lower-division) in addition to required courses in related fields available for majors in computer information systems and health systems.
- Must be completed in a discipline outside the student's major or, outside the primary emphasis area in the social science major.
- A minimum of 18 credits, 9 of which, may not be duplicated by the major.
- A minimum of 9 upper-division credits.
- A minimum of 6 upper-division credits completed in residence.
- 2.0 cumulative average and 2.0 GPA for all upper-division coursework.
- Minors may be completed only in those departments listing specific minor requirements.
- Students may only declare a minor in a department if the student's home campus offers the major in that department.
- Course of the student's own choosing taken beyond requirements of general education and major/minor in order to meet minimum credit requirements for graduation
VI. Second Bachelor's degree
- Once a degree is conferred, if a student does not fall within the Interrupted Enrollment limits, he/she must apply for re-admission to seek a second bachelor degree, major or minor.
- 32 semester credits in residence beyond the minimum requirements for the first bachelor's degree for a minimum of 64 credits in residence and a minimum total of 156 semester credits.
- Degrees may be pursued concurrently; diplomas may be awarded concurrently.
- The Junior Writing Proficiency Exam (JWP) is waived for all bachelor degree holders from another regionally accredited institution.
- LBSU 300 University College Foundations is waived for all bachelor degree holders from another regionally accredited institution.
- Chapman waives basic subjects and general education breadth requirements for students with bachelor's degrees that include at least 28 semester credits of Chapman acceptable work distributed in the social sciences, humanities, and natural sciences from regionally accredited institutions.