Disability Services: Support
The Office may provide the following support for our students:
- Certifies eligibility for accommodations.
- Serves as an advocate for students with staff, faculty or administrators.
- Arranges for auxiliary aides (devices or services that compensate for a disabling condition; i.e., interpreters, readers for exams, assistive technology, textbooks in alternate format, etc.).
- Provides training for assistive technology.
- Conducts staff development programs regarding services for individuals with disabilities for the faculty, staff and administrators.
- Coordination of special arrangements to meet individual test taking needs.
- Obtains and facilitates volunteer peer note-takers.
- Grants permission to use a recorder in lecture classes.
- Offers services for sign language interpretation.
- Provides real-time captioning services.
- Obtains books in alternate formats.