In addition to requesting accommodation services and providing the verifying documentation, students are responsible for the following:
- Contact The Office of Disability Services if the individual has a disability and desires accommodations.
- Communicate with his or her professors after they have registered with The Office and accommodations have been established.
- Contact The Office if the student need books in a PDF format. Allow 6 weeks prior to the beginning of the session for processing.
Other Helpful Tips:
- Attend all classes. Be sure to attend the first class period since general information on the course requirements, exam dates, and other class policies are discussed.
- If class is missed, contact the faculty member to explain the student's absence and learn if there are any special assignments. If possible, let the faculty member know that the student will be absent a day or so in advance.
- Plan the week for study time and homework preparation. Start by scheduling three hours of homework for each hour of class time; after each class, the student will learn time management.
- Be an advocate. Consult with faculty members as needed.