Brandman University and New Horizons Southern California are partnering together to bring you accessible, easy and affordable ways to add to or develop your desktop application skills in Microsoft Office Suite versions 2003, 2007 and 2010.
Each Microsoft Office application gives you powerful tools to express your ideas, solve problems, and connect with people. Microsoft Office has evolved from a suite of personal productivity products to a more comprehensive and integrated system. Courses include multiple skill levels (Level 1, Level 2, Level 3) with curriculum that provides practical hands-on knowledge.
- Self-paced, online courses, available 24/7
- Each course includes one-year access to learning modules that take learners from beginning concepts through advanced concepts
New Horizons Southern California offers a selection of Microsoft Office courses for the most recent version, Microsoft Office 2010, in addition to the prior versions: Microsoft Office 2007 and Microsoft Office 2003.
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Word training courses will allow you to produce sophisticated, professional documents in a highly efficient manner. Whether you are new to Word or an advanced user, these Microsoft Word courses cover the basics through advanced features. Course topics include:
Designed to give you the finest document-formatting tools, Word 2010 also helps you easily organize and write your documents more efficiently, and stay within reach so you can capture your best ideas whenever and wherever they occur.
- Document creation, editing and saving
- Formatting text and paragraphs
- Working with tables, columns and other formatting features
- Graphics, WordArt, charts and text flow
- Document templates
- Advanced features including mail merge, macros, document versioning and proofing tools
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Excel training courses will teach you basic to advanced features of Excel. Microsoft Excel is the standard spreadsheet application for both the business world and personal use. Whether you are new to Excel or are an advanced user, these Microsoft Excel courses will cover what you need to know to become an Excel power user. With Excel training through New Horizons Southern California, the student will learn:
- Performing basic to advanced calculations using formulas
- Formatting and printing worksheets
- Create powerful charts and graphs
- Pivot tables and pivot codes
- Excel data table features
- Microsoft Outlook
- Many people have used Microsoft Outlook for years but do not take full advantage of Outlook's powerful features. Our instructors can help you get the most out of Outlook and help you increase your personal productivity with Microsoft Outlook training.
Stay connected to your world with our most up-to-date e-mail and calendar tools. Microsoft Outlook offers premium business and personal e-mail management tools to more than 500 million Microsoft Office users worldwide. From a redesigned look to advanced e-mail organization, search, communication and social networking features, Outlook provides you with a world-class experience to stay productive and in touch with your personal and business networks.
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Turn your ideas into impactful presentations. Microsoft PowerPoint gives you more ways to create and share dynamic presentations with your audience than ever before. Exciting new audio and visual capabilities help you tell a crisp, cinematic story that’s as easy to create as it is powerful to watch. In addition, PowerPoint 2010 enables you to work simultaneously with other people or post your presentation online and access it from virtually anywhere using the Web or your smartphone. With Microsoft PowerPoint training through New Horizons Southern California, the student will learn:
- Creating presentations with PowerPoint
- Formatting and organizing PowerPoint slides
- Working with graphics, tables and charts
- Adding multimedia and SmartArt to presentations
- Integrating with Microsoft Office files
- Microsoft Office Suite Comprehensive Training Course
- Interested in delving into several of the Microsoft Office applications? The comprehensive course provides online, self paced one year access to introductory through advanced learning modules for Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, and Excel. Choose from 2003, 2007, or 2010 versions. $500.00