Salary studies show that certified staff internal auditors make $7,000-8,000 more than non-certified staff auditors. The Certified Internal Auditor® (CIA®) is the only globally accepted designation for internal auditors.
Chief audit executives, audit managers and staff, risk managers and staff and students enrolled in accounting, business or financial degree programs will find this four part certification review program beneficial. The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) CIA Learning System course expands participants internal audit knowledge and skills while providing the body of knowledge in preparation for the Certified Internal Auditor certification exam. The four courses correspond to the four parts of the CIA national certification exam. Individuals interested in specialty areas are welcome to take individual courses.
- ORGU 0027 Part 1- The Internal Audit Activity's Role in Governance, Risk, and Control
- This first of a series of 4 courses to prepare candidates for the four parts of the Certified Internal Auditor’s examination. This course reviews compliance with The IIA’s Attribute Standards, risk and control knowledge elements, establishing a risk-based plan to determine the priorities of the internal audit activity, planning engagements, and the nature of internal audit work in risk management, control, and governance. Certificate of Completion and 1.5 CEUs
- ORGU 0028 Part 2 - Conducting the Internal Audit Engagement
- Second in series of 4 courses to prepare candidates for the four parts of the Certified Internal Auditor's examination. This course reviews conducting engagements, monitoring engagement outcomes, fraud knowledge elements, and engagement tools. Certificate of Completion and 1.5 CEUs
- ORGU 0029 Part 3 - Business Analysis and Information Technology
- Third in a series of 4 courses to prepare candidates for the four parts of the Certified Internal Auditor's examination. This course reviews businesses process; financial accounting and finance; managerial accounting; regulatory, legal, and economics environments; and information technology. Certificate of Completion and 2.4 CEUs
- ORGU 0030 Part 4 - Business Management Skills
- Last in a series of 4 courses to prepare candidates for the four parts of the Certified Internal Auditor's examination. This course reviews strategic management, global business environments, organizational behavior, management skills, and negotiating. Certificate of Completion and 0.9 CEUs
For certification requirements, click here.