The Leadership Development Certificate is designed for both emerging and experienced leaders who want practical and proven tools to improve employee performance, increase team effectiveness and enhance organizational productivity.
In this 12-week, 45-hour program, participants are organized into small “learning teams” to work on leadership challenges and build personal leadership capability. Participants create and implement an Individual Development Plan that provides the framework for applying what they learn in class to workplace issues and situations.
Participants learn leadership best practices including how to:
- Identify their leadership strengths and weaknesses
- Think strategically
- Become emotionally intelligent
- Communicate effectively with others
- Constructively resolve workplace conflict
- Build and maintain high performing teams
- Delegate and oversee work
- Manage employee performance
- Develop employees through coaching
- Effectively direct change and manage transition
Course results in 4.5 CEUs