Accomplishments of faculty and student are highlights of nursing program’s year
The year 2014 was a time of transition and revitalization at the Marybelle and S. Paul Musco School of Nursing and Health Professions (MSNaHP).
“We look forward to continued success as our programs grow. It is an incredible honor to watch expertise faculty interact and teach highly innovative students who want to change the way we practice nursing, using evidence for best patient outcomes.” – Interim Dean Tyke Hanish, Marybelle & S. Paul Musco School of Nursing
Of particular note were faculty members who wrote questions for national exams and served on expert panels:
- Dr. Ruth Milstein – American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) content expert panel member for the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner specialty
- Dr. Vanessa Kalis – intern writer for the acute care exam of the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board and content review for practice consideration in adult-gerontology acute care
- Dr. Kathleen McCoy – chair of the American Nurses Credentialing Company (ANCC) Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Examination content expert panel
“New faculty and staff, along with the dedicated and steadfast, helped renew the mission of the school,” said Hanisch.
She also said the school was particularly proud of graduates who have gone on to share their innovative knowledge with the world. Just a few of their endeavors include:
- Maj. Jack Miller is currently on the frontlines fighting the Ebola virus in Liberia and West Africa with Partners in Health. He received his doctorate of nursing practice (DNP) and acute care nurse practitioner certification (ACNP-BC) through Brandman.
- Valerie Markeley, DNP, with certification as a child/adolescent psychiatric-mental health clinical nurse (PMHCNS-BC), presented her DNP project at the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society Research Congress in Hong Kong
- Jessica Kozlowski, DNP, certified nurse practitioner (CPNP-BC) received the 2014 AACN DNP Capstone Project of the Year Award
- Donna DeVillier, DNP and psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP-BC), received the Best Research Poster Award at the International Society of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurses conference in Greenville, S.C.
Become a Student
Have questions about enrollment, degree programs, financial aid, or next steps?