Brandman staff, faculty making a difference in their communities
Faculty and staff at all Brandman University’s campuses work hard to connect to their communities. Here’s some of the events they participated in recently:
- Santa Maria Campus director Patricia Graham spent North County Volunteer Day on March 24 talking to about 115 third-graders at Rice Elementary School about her job and the importance of going to college. She presented each student with a Brandman lanyard holding a tag filed out with the student’s career goals. Graham also spoke with business leaders on March 26 at the Santa Maria Workforce and Literacy Initiative about what Brandman is doing to increase degree attainment.
- Santa Maria Academic advisor LeAnnAkins and assistant professor of sociology Dr. Lata Murti spoke at Righetti High School as part of the North County career initiative on March 26.
- The Antelope Valley campus teamed up with Devry University to sponsor a blood drive with the American Red Cross on March 24. Blood was donated in honor of Tory Kane, the daughter of a Devry adjunct professor who is facing cancer surgery.
- The Walnut Creek campus hosted a blood drive on March 25. The Red Cross gained 13 pints of blood. Among those donating were campus director Susanne Hamilton.
- Travis Air Force Base site director Sandra Handel met with active duty airmen, spouses and veterans at the Base Education Fair on March 25. More than 20 colleges and universities participated.
Become a Student
Have questions about enrollment, degree programs, financial aid, or next steps?