BBA, Business Administration, General Business
Bachelor of Business Administration, General Business
The program prepares students for professional opportunities and advancement in a dynamic, global business environment through innovative and career-relevant curriculum. Available fully online or on-campus with integrated online components, the Bachelor of Business Administration with an emphasis in General Business introduces students to principles of accounting, human resources, organizational leadership, marketing and information systems management.
The Brandman University BBA meets the demands of both students and employers while integrating the latest academic research on current issues in business. It is particularly useful for those who would like to move up in their company or prepare for entry level to middle management opportunities. Students will develop business fundamentals while focusing on their customized area of specialization. In addition to General Business other emphasis areas include
Program Learning Outcomes
- Communication: Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills in organizational and professional settings.
- Ethics: Identify and evaluate ethical issues and formulate a defensible resolution in business environments.
- Global: Apply cultural differences, diversity issues, and business functions and processes, in domestic and global settings.
- Technology: Apply technology to support decision making in businesses; leadership.
- Business Functions/Processes: Interpret and implement business functions and processes.
Students must have completed 12 or more transferable baccalaureate level credits or the equivalent for admission to Brandman University.
Prospective students must submit the following:
- Completed application package. Applications are available online.
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended. Only credits from regionally accredited institutions may be accepted in transfer. Failure to report any previous academic work at another college or university may be considered a violation of academic integrity.
- For those applying under an active military agreement with Brandman University, admissibility and minimum transfer credit awarded will be determined based on the Community College of the Air Force, SMART, AARTS or JST transcripts. If additional coursework from other institutions is submitted prior to admission this coursework will also be included in determining admissibility and transferability for course credit.
Graduation Requirements–Bachelor Degrees
- A minimum of 120 credits.
- 36 credits earned in upper- division coursework.
- Minimum of 32 credits completed in residence at Brandman; 18 of which must be upper-division credits, 12 of which must be completed in students major.
- A 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale at Brandman and transfer work.
- A 2.0 grade point average in all major and minor coursework. Programs may have additional grade requirements.
- Resolution of all “I” grades.
- LBSU 300 Liberal Arts Core Foundations- (Cannot be used as an elective in a major, minor, or certificate program)
- LBSU 302 Information Fluency and Academic Integrity (Cannot be used as an elective in a major, minor, or certificate program)
Lower-Division Core Requirements
||Principles of Accounting I
||Principles of Accounting II
||Introduction to Computers and Data Processing
||Principles of Macroeconomics
||Principles of Microeconomics
||Introduction to Statistics
Upper-Division Core Requirements
||Financial Statement Analysis
||Principles of Management
||Legal Environment of Business
||Global Environment of Business
||Principles of Marketing
||Leadership and Professional Ethics
||Leadership in Diverse and Multicultural Organizations
||Strategic Management (Core Capstone Course)
Prior to enrolling in the capstone course (MGTU 410), all courses in the BBA core must be completed; one core course may be taken concurrently. Formulating and implementing strategies using content from all core classes is emphasized
General Business Emphasis
|Complete 21 credits of upper-division coursework in a minimum of three of the six functional areas of Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Organizational Leadership, Marketing, and Information Systems Management.
40015 Sierra Highway, Suite B-160, Palmdale, CA, 93550
9000 Overland Ave, BLDG B-1, 2ND FLR, Culver City, CA, 90230
4820 Business Center Drive, Suite 100, Fairfield, CA, 94534
325 Mall Drive, Hanford, CA, 93230
16355 Laguna Canyon Road, 1st Floor, Irvine, CA, 92618
1445 Galaxy Drive NE, Suite 201, Lacey, WA, 98516
28237 La Piedra Road, Building 600, Menifee, CA, 92584
5222 Pirrone Court, Salida, CA, 95368
99 Pacific Street, Suite 375-B, Monterey, CA, 93940
3990 Concours Street, Suite 100, Ontario, CA, 91764
42600 Cook Street, Suite 134, Palm Desert, CA, 92211
3550 Vine Street, Suite 200, Riverside, CA, 92507
3001 Lava Ridge Court, Suite 250, Roseville, CA, 95661
7460 Mission Valley Road, San Diego, CA, 92108
1300 E. Cypress Street, Building A-1, Santa Maria, CA, 93454
530 Hickam Avenue, Bldg 249, Suite 10, Travis AFB, CA, 94535
13911 Park Avenue, Suite 100, Victorville, CA, 92392
649 South County Center Drive, Visalia, CA, 93277
2950 Buskirk Avenue, Suite 200, Walnut Creek, CA, 94597
1275 Tharp Road, Suite B, Yuba City, CA, 95993
11711 Sand Canyon Rd, Yucaipa, CA, 92399