MBA, Business Administration, Finance
Master of Business Administration, Finance
The program prepares students to manage and lead enterprises that create value for stakeholders in a dynamic, global business environment. The Master of Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance provides the tools necessary to understand investment strategies, international finance, capital markets and related accounting principles.
With a unique focus on sustainability and innovation, Brandman University faculty members draw on industry experience and the latest academic research to help students integrate ethics, corporate social responsibility into decision making. Available fully online or on campus with online components, the MBA is designed for those who want a high quality education with built-in flexibility. Students may customize their program through the selection of electives. In addition to Finance, other available emphasis areas include:
Program Learning Outcomes
- Business Functions/Processes: Analyze and evaluate business functions and processes.
- Strategic Planning: Evaluate and formulate effective domestic and global business strategies.
- Sustainability/Ethics: Integrate ethics, corporate social responsibility and sustainability in decision-making.
- Leadership: Identify, evaluate, communicate and implement effective leadership of a diverse workforce.
- Innovation: Research, design and apply the innovation process from creativity to solution design and implementation.
All graduate admissions options listed below require an earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Admission Grade Point Average (GPA) Requirements:
Option One – GPA required 3.00 or Higher
- A 3.0 grade point average (GPA) calculated over the most recent 30 graded semester (45 quarter) credits completed in either a baccalaureate or post baccalaureate program, including credits earned toward a credential. All credits used for GPA calculation must be from a regionally accredited institution.
Option Two – GPA between 2.50 and 2.99, qualifying score on GRE, MAT or GMAT
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE): achieve the required minimum scores on two out of three of the subsections of the GRE. (Minimum score for Quantitative: 141, minimum score for Verbal: 150, minimum score for Analytic Writing: 4.5)
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT): achieve a minimum scaled score of 400.
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT): fulfill the formula GMAT + (GPA X 200) > 1000.
Option Three – An earned master’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution
Option Four – GPA below 2.50, Portfolio
- Submission of a portfolio of evidence that shows adequate preparation for graduate studies. The portfolio will contain: writing samples that show graduate level communications and analytical skills; a detailed resume showing professional development and achievements; awards; professional recognition; letters of reference from persons who can attest to the applicant’s ability to do graduate level work; and a letter of explanation detailing the reasons the student believes he or she is a good candidate.
The MBA program consists of two segments. The first segment is the MBA Core consisting of 24 – 36 credits depending upon course waivers. The second segment of the MBA program consists of 12 credits of electives or a designated emphasis area.
Program Requirements (36-48 credits)
Core Requirements (24 - 36 credits, depending upon waivers):
||Financial Reporting and Analysis
||Data Analysis for Decision Making
||Economic Analysis for Managers
||Business Process Analysis and Innovation
||Corporate Responsibility: Ethics and Sustainability
||Human Resource Systems
||Seminar in Organizational Dynamics
||Organization Development and Change
||Leadership and Innovation
||Business Strategy and Competitive Advantage Capstone
Prior to enrolling in the MBA (BUSU 640) capstone course, all core classes must be satisfactorily completed with one exception; one core class may be taken concurrently with the capstone.
|Plus one course from Accounting.
40015 Sierra Highway, Suite B-160, Palmdale, CA, 93550
9000 Overland Ave, BLDG B-1, 2ND FLR, Culver City, CA, 90230
4820 Business Center Drive, Suite 100, Fairfield, CA, 94534
325 Mall Drive, Hanford, CA, 93230
16355 Laguna Canyon Road, 1st Floor, Irvine, CA, 92618
1445 Galaxy Drive NE, Suite 201, Lacey, WA, 98516
5222 Pirrone Court, Salida, CA, 95368
99 Pacific Street, Suite 375-B, Monterey, CA, 93940
3990 Concours Street, Suite 100, Ontario, CA, 91764
42600 Cook Street, Suite 134, Palm Desert, CA, 92211
3550 Vine Street, Suite 200, Riverside, CA, 92507
3001 Lava Ridge Court, Suite 250, Roseville, CA, 95661
7460 Mission Valley Road, San Diego, CA, 92108
530 Hickam Avenue, Bldg 249, Suite 10, Travis AFB, CA, 94535
649 South County Center Drive, Visalia, CA, 93277
2950 Buskirk Avenue, Suite 200, Walnut Creek, CA, 94597