A guide for 3rd parties sharing Brandman benefits
Program Specific Information
Why Brandman - Sharing the Benefits
BU is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WSCUC) Senior College and University Commission. This is the same level of institutional accreditation that most state and well known universities have.
2 types of institutional accreditation: regional or national
- Regionally accredited institutions are academically-oriented, typically leading to an associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degree.
- Nationally accredited institutions are typically those that offer vocational, career, or technical programs.
- Regional accreditation may assist you as you move forward in your education. Most schools accept transfer credits from regionally accredited universities.
- Brandman University does not accept credits from nationally accredited institutions.
- Social Work:
- BA Social Work: accredited by the CSWE (Council of Social Work Education). Brandman is one of approx. 15 schools in the nation to offer a fully online, professionally-accredited baccalaureate social work program. Source: CSWE
- Master of Social Work: Pending CSWE's approval of candidacy status during the 2018-19 academic year and initial accreditation during the 2020-21 academic year, students who enter Brandman’s MSW program during or after the 2018-19 academic year will be recognized as having graduated from a CSWE-accredited program. At present, the Master of Social Work program is not accredited by CSWE, and its future CSWE standing is not guaranteed.
- School of Education:
- All programs hold NCATE accreditation, which is a prestigious, national, professional accreditation.
- Credential Programs:
- The fourth largest provider of teaching credentials among private/independent universities in California (or TOP 5)
- Brandman Credential and Authorization Education programs are accredited by California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC).
- School of Nursing:
- ANCC - American Nurses Credentialing Center
- CCNE - Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
The following programs were created to accelerate the time to completion and therefore save on costs:
- Advanced standing in MSW:
- If an applicant had a CSWE-accredited BSW/BASW/BSSW degree conferred within the prior five years they only need to complete 600 advanced field hours as an MSW student, rather than the full 1000 field hours required of Standard MSW students.
- Acceleration BBA to MBA:
- Integrated degree program provides students entering a BBA program, an expedited degree path to an MBA with up to 18 fewer credits than finishing separate BBA and MBA degree programs.
- Brandman MyPath ™:
- competency-based (CBE) IT and Business programs allow you to draw upon life and professional experiences to help you progress through courses more quickly and affordably.
Scholarships & Partnerships
- 96% of employers said continuing education improved job performance. 78% of employers factored continuing education into facilitated promotions or advancements. Source: EvoLLLution
- including Yellow Ribbon
Tuition and Fees
- View Tuition Table
- Brandman’s outstanding completion rates and class availability make it an excellent value and allows students to enter the job market efficiently.
- Free parking at all Brandman campus locations in California and Washington.
Awards & Badges
- For the 8th consecutive year, Brandman University has been designated a 2018-9 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, including a "Top 10" Gold rating in 2017.(Militaryfriendly.com)
- 2018 Military Advanced Education (MAE) military friendly list Military Advanced Education.
- From the time the rankings began in 2012, Brandman’s online programs have ranked consistently among the best in the nation by U.S. News and World Report.
At Brandman University, 81% of returning students reach their degree.
Source: National Center for Education Statistics, IPEDS, Spring 2009-2010 Fall Outcome Measures Collection 8-year Graduation Rate (Final Release Data as of March 29, 2019.) https://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d17/tables/dt17_326.10.asp
Loan Default Rate
2015 3-year national cohort default rate
- 5.1% Loan Default Rate vs. the Nat'l avg of 10.8%
- Default Rate by school type:
- 7.1% for private
- 10.3% for public
- 15.6% for proprietary
- Competitor Comparison:
- Capella University – 6.5%
- Grand Canyon University—6.1%
- Liberty University - 9.2%
- National University--5.5%
- University of Phoenix--12.3%
- Walden University – 7.3%
Source:Federal Student Aid
Private & Non-profit
150+ years of Heritage and History as part of the Chapman University System.
- Established by Chapman University – a private institution in Orange, California founded in 1861 which consistently ranks among the country’s top universities
- serving adult learners since 1958.
- Investing in our students is very important to us and we strive to find ways to add more benefits to your education.
- Brandman's curriculum was designed to meet the needs of busy adult students.
- 90% of students work while completing a program.
- 58% of graduates had one or more dependents while in school.
- Hybrid / blended learning: Go to school 1 day a week per class for 3 hours. The rest is online.
- Fully Online: Flexibility to study when it’s convenient for you.
- Self-paced competency based option. Brandman MyPath™:
- Brandman is the only non-profit higher education institution in California offering competence-based education (CBE)—an affordable, self-paced online learning modality that measures learning rather than time. Brandman offers CBE programs in business and information technology through Brandman MyPath™.
Flexible start times with six eight-week sessions—two sessions per each trimester during the academic year (Start Dates: Academic Calendar):
- Fall Trimester—Fall I and Fall II
- Spring Trimester—Spring Session I and Spring Session II
- Summer Trimester—Summer Session I and Summer Session II
Brandman MyPath ™: Continuous starts
- Liberal transfer credit policies.
- May accept from military training and experience plus credit for CLEP and DSST exams.
- Block transfers credits for E8 ranking.
Military & Veteran Programs
- Brandman started as Chapman University College in 1958 when it opened up a campus at El Toro Marine Corps Air station to serve Military students.
- 6 campuses on military installations.
- BU Military Stats
- Overall, 25% have military ties or connections
- 12% are active or reserve
- 11% are veterans
- 3% are military dependents
- See Awards we've won.
All students and alumni are provided the following free Career Planning and Development services:
- One to one personalized career coaching on self and career exploration, career management, resume writing, interviewing and job search.
- Access to self-assessments (MBTI and Strong Interest Inventory) to assist in major and career planning decisions.
- Professional development, webinars, workshops and networking opportunities with industry professionals, faculty and alumni.
- Job board services.
Library & Information Services
- Brandman students have full access and borrowing privileges to the expansive Leatherby Libraries of the Chapman University System. From books, e-books, and full text journals to primary and secondary sources and collections, students have access to a wealth of resources for all of their research needs.
- Access to dedicated research librarians available Mon-Sat to assist with library and research questions.
Online Writing & Math Community
- Offers undergraduate student virtual tutoring services, resources and live workshops.
- Submit papers for review before they are due.
- Help creating dynamic multimedia projects for class projects.
Office of Accessible Education
- Over 15% of university students have disabilities and are eligible for academic accommodations and/or assistive technology support. The university is committed to ensuring you equal educational access.
- Works with approved student individually to develop an accommodation plan which may include recording lectures, extended time on exams and projects, textbooks in an alternate format or closed and real-time captioning.
- Acts as a liaison between students, administrators & faculty, and other staff members to make sure the plan is followed.
Student Satisfaction Surveys
- Every 8 weeks Brandman University conducts Student Satisfaction Surveys.
- Utilize the results to implement change and improvement.
- Enhance your learning experience with small classes and more one-on-one attention from your professors.
- 92% of students would refer Brandman to a friend.
New Student Orientation
- A resource for students prior to starting classes at Brandman to plan for funding their education.
- Once admitted and enrolled, the One Stop is the single point of contact for registration, financial aid, billing, payments, refunds, scholarships, and veteran benefits.
- After you receive acceptance letter, you will be assigned an academic advisor.
- Co-creating and monitoring the student’s full education plan.
- Explain university academic policies and procedures.
- They will stay with you through your degree program to help navigate decisions affecting academic and career goals.
- Student’s primary point of contact at Brandman prior to starting classes.
- Ensures that all students have guidance and personalized support through program selection, the admissions process, and preparing for a successful start to classes.
- 15 to 1 student ratio.
- Acts as mentors - highly engaged and approachable.
- Many instructors are currently working in the field they teach (real world experience).
- Renowned subject matter experts.
- Enhanced learning experience with small classes and one-on-one attention from your professors.