Our Story - Past & Present
Brandman University was established by Chapman University – a private institution in Orange, California founded in 1861 which consistently ranks among the country’s top universities. Formerly named Chapman University College, Brandman’s original purpose was delivering high quality education to the El Toro Marine Corps Air Station.
Now a separate university, Brandman remains military-friendly but has expanded its programs to include the adult learner and serves a large and diverse student population. We are as proud of our rich academic past as we are of our technology-driven future.
- Focusing on the non-traditional student, Brandman’s student body is diverse, ranging in age from 18-65.
- From the time the rankings began in 2012, Brandman’s online programs have ranked consistently among the best in the nation by U.S. News and World Report.
- Brandman consistently is ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Bachelor's Programs for Veterans.
- At Brandman University, the faculty members are practitioners, as well as experts in their field.
- Brandman University’s 82% graduation rate is an average for undergraduate transfer students who complete their program within six years.
- 92% of Brandman University students say they would recommend Brandman to others.
- Brandman University is a private, nonprofit institution regionally accredited by the WSCUC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
- Brandman offers several options for financial aid.
- Current students benefit from mentoring and networking opportunities, as well as career coaching.
Brandman University offers undergraduate, graduate, credential and certificate programs across its five schools in the areas of arts and sciences, business, education, nursing and health.
All Brandman University programs are accredited by WSCUC, assuring that the University meets quality standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. Explore the additional program and professional accreditations Brandman holds.
The fact that Brandman University was a not-for-profit school, really sealed the deal for me. I wanted to be able to attend a college, where I knew that my money, my tuition, was being used for the school and not being paid to the shareholders.
The distinguished faculty at Brandman and their dedication to their students as well as the administration have made it possible for us students to overcome the challenges we faced and helped us bring our educational goals to fruition.
The Brandman program, at the end of the day, was real deal education. I wasn't interested in just paying a bunch of money to get a degree. I wanted a degree that gave me a skillset that I could use on the job.
Obtaining an MBA always was on my bucket list, however, until I found Brandman I was facing large loans and a strict school regiment. The flexibility of Brandman’s program along with Kia’s tuition assistance made the perfect combination. An MBA gave me the self-confidence to trust my ideas and question conventional thinking.
I would recommend Brandman for a quality education to anyone. I know the faculty is absolutely committed to a quality education. They’ll make sure that you’ll get what you’re coming there for, the knowledge you need.
Going back to school helped me get out of my comfort zone. It helped me get past the ‘we’ve always done it that way’ mentality. I learned that I needed to innovate personally, professionally and to help other become more innovative.
Become a Student
Have questions about enrollment, degree programs, financial aid, or next steps?