|SOWK 501||Human Behavior and the Social Environment||
|SOWK 502||Social Work Practice with Individuals and Families||
|SOWK 503||Social Work Practice with Groups, Communities, and Organizations||
|SOWK 504||Diversity and Social Justice||
|SOWK 505||Social Welfare Policy Analysis||
|SOWK 506||Social Welfare Policy Practice and Advocacy||
|SOWK 507||Social Work Research||
|SOWK 593||Social Work Practicum Seminar l||
|SOWK 594||Social Work Practicum Seminar ll/td>||
|*SOWK 595||Social Work Practicum Seminar lll||
|Foundational Core Subtotal||
|* If a student does not complete the required 400 practicum hours during the SOWK 593, 594, 595 course series, s/he will be enrolled in a required SOWK 597 Practicum Continuation course (0 credits) and required to pay a Practicum Continuation fee, per each course and session, until the student completes the total required hours and receives a P in the SOWK 593, 594, 595 courses. Students will accumulate hours toward their practicum requirements only when enrolled in SOWK 593, 594, 595, or 597.||
Master’s Degree in Social Work Overview
Brandman’s real-world curriculum allows you to take what you learn today and apply it in the field tomorrow. Our programs offer multiple starts per year to fit your busy schedule. Classes are available entirely online or online and on campus.
The Master of Social Work degree offers two pathways for degree completion, advanced standing and standard. Advanced standing students may complete their program in as little as a year, while standard program students may complete their degree in two years.**
Brandman offers support in applying for and completing your field placement practicum in conveniently located local services agencies*. Graduates with an MSW degree are prepared for employment across a broad spectrum of settings including:
- Child protective services agencies
- Criminal justice, legal service and military organizations
- Local, state and federal agencies
- Home and school-based programs
- Hospitals and other health care settings
- Mental health and substance abuse treatment programs
- Non-profit, human rights and advocacy organizations
**Based on the average full-time advanced standing and regular program students who successfully progress through the program.
Summer I (May 04, 2020)
$660/CreditHelp me estimate my cost
Ways to Learn
Ways to Get Started
Imagine Your Future In Social Work
Results for [location name]
Top Organizations Hiring
Data source: Economic Modeling, LLC (Emsi) / www.economicmodeling.com
The pathway information provided through this website are based in part on U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data that is licensed by Brandman University from Emsi. While Brandman University believes this data to be reliable as a whole, some of the data is based on estimates made by Emsi, when actual data is not available. Those estimates and the corresponding data may not be accurate.
1. Change in employment projections 2016 - 2026
2. Based on BLS Occupational Employment Statistics and updated quarterly
3. Brandman University does not guarantee a job to graduates upon completion of any program
Applicants for this program must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- Completed application
- Five page personal narrative
- View the MSW Program Introduction Video
- GPA: Meet 1 of these 4 GPA options for admission
- Two recommendation forms
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions where baccalaureate and/or post-baccalaureate coursework was completed or attempted
This program is not available to residents of all states. Please contact a University Enrollment Coach for details.
Only credits from regionally accredited institutions may be accepted in transfer. Failure to report any previous academic work at another college or university may be considered a violation of academic integrity.
Most of Brandman’s Master Degree programs do not require a graduate level exam; however, there are a few that do. For detailed information about which Brandman programs have graduate exam and minimum test score requirements, please reference the Brandman University Catalog.
Course List Code Title Credits SOWK 601 Family Violence
SOWK 602 Social Work Law and Ethics
SOWK 603 Social Work and Human Sexuality
SOWK 622 Advanced Generalist Practice
SOWK 625 Practice Evaluation
SOWK 693 Advanced Social Work Practicum Seminar I
SOWK 694 Advanced Social Work Practicum Seminar II
SOWK 695 Advanced Social Work Practicum Seminar III
*SOWK 696 Advanced Social Work Practicum Seminar IV
Advanced Generalist Core Subtotal
* If a student does not complete the required 600 practicum hours during the SOWK 693, 694, 695, 696 course series, s/he will be enrolled in a required SOWK 697 Advanced Practicum Continuation course (0 credits) and required to pay a Practicum Continuation fee, per each course and session, until the student completes the total required hours and receives a P in the SOWK 693, 694, 695, 696 courses. Students will accumulate hours toward their advanced practicum requirements only when enrolled in SOWK 693, 694, 695, 696, or 597.
Select four from the following:SOWK 630 Child Welfare
Social Work Practice with Adolescents
Prevention and Intervention in Child Abuse and Neglect
Children and Adolescent Policy
Crisis Intervention and Trauma Response
Social Work Response to Disasters
Military/Veteran (SMVF) Social Work
Social Work Practice with SMVF populations
Death, Loss, & Grief
Mental Health and Mental Illness
Healthcare Social Work I: Integrated Health Care Policy and Services
Healthcare Social Work II: Social Work Practice in Integrated Health
Social Work Electives Subtotal
Meet Our Faculty
Tobi DeLong Hamilton, Ph.D., M.S.W.
Ellen Belluomini Ph.D., M.S.W.