Undergraduate Certificate, GIS Use in Non-Profit Organizations
Take your mission to the next level by equipping your nonprofit organization with the latest Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technology. Learners will walk away with tools, strategies and geospatial thinking capabilities that can help your non-profit organization obtain data more effectively, gain deeper insights, make smart data-driven decisions, and prepare engaging presentations. Admissions not required for this program. Download the registration form below to get started.Download Registration Form
- Effectively and efficiently find and analyze data to determine and present needs, impacts and organizational strengths
- Develop spatially-based presentations and communication flows to maximize stakeholder engagement and influence organizational decision-making
- Learn and apply geospatial analysis using a variety of Esri GIS tools
Who Should Enroll?
Ideal for professionals and volunteers looking to gain a working understanding of Esri GIS tools and spatial thinking. No prior GIS experience required. The goal is to develop staff and volunteer capacity through effective use of Esri software.
What separates these classes from those at other universities is they’re not just point and click. We were mindful of not pigeonholing our students so they could apply what they’re learning to a variety of sectors.
Applicants for this program must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- 12 or more transferable baccalaureate level credits or the equivalent
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended
- Completed application
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
Only credits from regionally accredited institutions may be accepted in transfer. Failure to report any previous academic work at another college or university may be considered a violation of academic integrity.
Admissibility and minimum transfer credit awarded will be determined based on the Community College of the Air Force, SMART, AARTS or JST transcripts. If additional coursework from other institutions is submitted prior to admission this coursework will also be included in determining admissibility and transferability for course credit.