Graduate Certificate in Economic Development Using Location Intelligence
Learn how to use location intelligence to guide economic development with this official Esri partnered certificate. Reskill in an in-demand field.
Graduate Economic Development Certificate Overview
Designed for students interested in mastering location intelligence, GIS and geospatial skills, the economic development certificate online program will ready you for a career in a growing GIS and data analytics position. Benefit from official Esri trainings along with our job-focused coursework to take what you learn in class straight to the field. In only one year you can complete the program with expertise in data driven decision making, ArcGIS, data visualization, location analytics and more. And your 12 units in the program can later be applied to earning your master’s in GIS and data analytics.
As an Economic Development Certificate student, you will:
- Analyze data and use spatial thinking to address issues such as infrastructure risks and enhancing community resilience.
- Utilize GIS for more effective decision making, asset tracking and analysis, operational efficiency and planning for sustainability.
- Demonstrate and assess how GIS tools can be utilized in response and recovery situations.
- Participate in official Esri trainings such as Using ArcGIS for Public Safety Workflows and Creating Story Maps with ArcGIS.
Ways to Get Started
Applicants for this graduate certificate program must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- Completed application
- GPA: Meet 1 of these 4 GPA options for admission
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions where baccalaureate and/or post-baccalaureate coursework was completed or attempted
Only credits from regionally accredited institutions may be accepted in transfer. Failure to report any previous academic work at another college or university may be considered a violation of academic integrity.
Graduate Certificate in Economic Development Using Location Intelligence Program Curriculum
Meet Our Faculty
Sheila Lakshmi Steinberg, Ph.D.
Sharon R. Floyd, Ed.D., SHRM-SCP
Human Resources Practitioner
What separates these classes from those at other universities is they’re not just point and click. We were mindful of not pigeonholing our students so they could apply what they’re learning to a variety of sectors.
My desire to go back to school was personal. Both my mom and dad graduated from high school, and I’m the first in my family to go on for my college education. I want to be a positive role model for my children. I can do all three – work, family and school; I didn’t have to choose.
I was surrounded by peers who went to school 10-15 years prior. I feel that my Brandman education catapulted me above my peers. After all, I was learning about current technologies and how to work in a global economy.