2042 Teaching Credential, Multiple Subject
Multiple Subject Program Overview
The Multiple Subject Teaching Credential program with an English Learner Authorization prepares you to be a successful, well-rounded educator. You will graduate prepared to use Common Core and other content standards to teach all subjects in a self-contained (K-12) classroom in California with a focus on using advanced technology for today’s classroom.
As a student, you will:
- Examine classroom, school and community contexts and use information to plan and design learning experiences.
- Develop and use classroom management strategies that support student learning and encourage positive social interaction.
- Create learning experiences that make subject matter accessible and comprehensible to students.
- Differentiate instruction based on the needs of students.
- Use multiple methods of assessment to monitor student learning and inform instruction.
- Apply subject matter pedagogical skills in authentic settings and continually reflect on and evaluate the effects of decisions and actions on others.
Summer II (Jul 01, 2019)
$650/CreditHelp me estimate my cost
Ways to Learn
Brandman has taught me a lot about teaching to different levels of students.
There are definite financial advantages to getting a master’s degree. You have the ability to max out on the pay scale. Initially, this was a motivator for me, but once I got into my master’s program and saw how I could apply what I was learning in my classroom, it wasn’t about the money so much anymore.
Imagine Your Future In Teaching: Multiple Subject
Results for [location name]
Top Organizations Hiring
Data source: Economic Modeling, LLC (Emsi) / www.economicmodeling.com
The pathway information provided through this website are based in part on U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data that is licensed by Brandman University from Emsi. While Brandman University believes this data to be reliable as a whole, some of the data is based on estimates made by Emsi, when actual data is not available. Those estimates and the corresponding data may not be accurate.
1. Change in employment projections 2016 - 2026
2. Based on BLS Occupational Employment Statistics and updated quarterly
Applicants for this program must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- Completed application
- Statement of Intent
- Three recommendation forms
- GPA options for admission GPA: Meet 1 of these 3
- Official transcripts showing a conferred Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Proof of a passing score on the CBEST or any CTC approved basic skills tests
This program is only available to California residents
Applicants transferring from another institution's credential program must supply a letter from that institution's Education Department attesting to the applicant's good standing in the program. The letter should be written on institutional letterhead by the Dean, department chair, director of teacher education, or someone in a similar position
Candidates interested in the following credentials: Education Specialist, single subject or multiple subject credentials, must prove subject matter competency by providing evidence that they have registered for, taken or passed the appropriate subject matter examination (CSET) prior to admission to the program
Course List Code Title Credits Introductory Block
EDUU 510 Introduction to Teaching
EDUU 511 Collaboration For Inclusive Schooling
EDUU 512 The Art & Craft of Teaching
Content Area Block
EDMU 520 Literacy and Language in K-8 Classrooms I
EDMU 521 Literacy and Language in K-8 Classrooms II
EDMU 523 History, Social Science and Visual/Performing Arts in K-8 Classrooms
EDMU 524 Teaching and Learning Mathematics in K-8 Classrooms
EDMU 525 Teaching and Learning Science in K-8 Classrooms
EDMU 582 Directed Teaching I: Elementary School
EDUU 544 Student Teaching Seminar I
EDMU 583 Directed Teaching II: Elementary School
EDUU 545 Student Teaching Seminar II
or Internship EDMU 580-A Supported Teaching I: Elementary 2 School ()
EDMU 580-B Supported Teaching I: Elementary 2 School
EDMU 580-C Supported Teaching I: Elementary 2 School
EDMU 581-A Supported Teaching II: Elementary 2 Education
Intern Seminars EDUU 556 Intern Seminar A
EDUU 557 Intern Seminar B
Total Prereq and Core Credits 32-36
Ways to Get Started
Meet Our Faculty
Leticia Rojas, Ed.D.
Curriculum and Instruction in Education
Multiple and Single Subject Credential Programs