|EDUU 600||Research and Evaluation Methods||
|EDUU 605||Democracy, Education and Social Change||
|EDUU 606||Seminar in Learning Theory||
|EDUU 607||Seminar in Comparative Education||
|EDUU 608||Seminar in the Social Foundations of Education||
|EDUU 609||Seminar in Curriculum Studies||
|Core Courses Subtotal||
MA, Educational Leadership in Early Childhood Education
Develop the skills needed for a career as an administrator, director or college instructor of early childhood education programs. This master’s focuses on skills for leadership in education that will help you move your career into program management.
Master’s in Educational Leadership, Early Childhood Degree Overview
By earning a master’s degree in leadership in education, you will be equipped to lead early childhood programs by focusing on fiscal planning skills, marketing, human resources and leadership. You will learn to develop innovative curricula and evaluate programs using standards set by the National Association for Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
In the master’s in education leadership, early childhood program, you will:
- Analyze the effectiveness of any early childhood education program based on NAEYC standards.
- Utilize theories of learning and brain research to enhance teaching and student learning.
- Evaluate curriculum design and curricular decisions as they relate to meeting the diverse needs of students.
- Analyze issues and make ethical decisions within an educational context.
Spring I (Jan 11, 2021)
$670/CreditHelp me estimate my cost
Ways to Learn
Ways to Get Started
My first experience with Brandman was when I was a special education teacher. My district paired up with Brandman for an autism certificate. I liked it because I was able to still work and do everything else I needed to do. I liked the way the program was – the online component plus in-face classes.
The MAELA program was beyond invaluable. So much of what I was asked to do was relatable to my job. The people affiliated with the program know what works in education.
I started the program because I knew I wanted to lead with a job that had more responsibility and would have more impact. I've reached my goal. Five years later, I am a Doctor of Education, a better leader and person and my school districts and students have benefited from my improved leadership.
The MAELA program was rigorous, but the professors and staff were incredibly supportive, flexible and helpful as we moved throughout our 20 months together. I have graduated my program with the confidence to go out into the world of education and be a knowledgeable educational leader.
Imagine Your Future In Education: Leadership in Early Childhood Education
Results for [location name]
Top Organizations Hiring
Data source: Economic Modeling, LLC (Emsi) / www.economicmodeling.com
The pathway information provided through this website are based in part on U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data that is licensed by Brandman University from Emsi. While Brandman University believes this data to be reliable as a whole, some of the data is based on estimates made by Emsi, when actual data is not available. Those estimates and the corresponding data may not be accurate.
1. Change in employment projections 2019 - 2029
2. Based on BLS Occupational Employment Statistics and updated quarterly
3. Brandman University does not guarantee a job to graduates upon completion of any program
Brandman University is accredited by the WSCUC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
The School of Education at Brandman University is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), www.ncate.org.
Master of Arts in Education MAE Program Curriculum
Course List Code Title Credits Emphasis Required Courses EDUU 640 Foundations of Leadership in Early Childhood Settings
EDUU 641 Public Policy and Fiscal Planning for Early Childhood Leaders
EDUU 642 Leadership and Human Resources in Early Childhood Settings
EDUU 643 Leading Change in Early Childhood Programs: Capstone
Applicants for the master’s in educational leadership, early childhood program must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- Completed application
- GPA: Meet 1 of these 4 GPA options for admission
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the candidate in an academic setting
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions where baccalaureate and/or post-baccalaureate coursework was completed or attempted
- Hold one of the following certifications: California Child Development Associate Teacher Permit or higher, Single Subject Credential Home Economics, Child Development Associate Credential or a comparable credential
This program is only available to California residents.
For information about exam/test score requirements, please reference the Brandman University Catalog
Meet Our Faculty
Cheryl Sjostrom, Ed.D.
Early Childhood Special Education
Early Childhood Education