|EDUU 600||Research and Evaluation Methods||
|EDUU 605||Democracy, Education and Social Change||
|EDUU 606||Seminar in Learning Theory||
|EDUU 607||Seminar in Comparative Education||
|EDUU 608||Seminar in the Social Foundations of Education||
|EDUU 609||Seminar in Curriculum Studies||
|Core Courses Subtotal||
|Emphasis Area Elective Courses||
|Select from the following Emphasis Area||
|Emphasis Area Elective Courses Subtotal||
MA in Education, Leadership in ECE
Leadership in Early Childhood Education Degree Overview
The Master of Arts in Education, Leadership in Early Childhood Education equips you to lead early childhood programs by focusing on fiscal planning skills, marketing, human resources and leadership. You will learn to develop innovative curricula and evaluate programs using standards set by the National Association for Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Analyze the effectiveness of any early childhood education program based on NAEYC standards.
- Utilize theories of learning and brain research to enhance teaching and student learning.
- Evaluate curriculum design and curricular decisions as they relate to meeting the diverse needs of students.
- Analyze issues and make ethical decisions within an educational context.
Spring I (Jan 14, 2019)
$650/CreditHelp me estimate my cost
Ways to Learn
My first experience with Brandman was when I was a special education teacher. My district paired up with Brandman for an autism certificate. I liked it because I was able to still work and do everything else I needed to do. I liked the way the program was – the online component plus in-face classes.
Imagine Your Future In Education: Leadership in Early Childhood Education
Results for [location name]
Top Organizations Hiring
Data source: Economic Modeling, LLC (Emsi) / www.economicmodeling.com
The pathway information provided through this website are based in part on U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data that is licensed by Brandman University from Emsi. While Brandman University believes this data to be reliable as a whole, some of the data is based on estimates made by Emsi, when actual data is not available. Those estimates and the corresponding data may not be accurate.
1. Change in employment projections 2016 - 2026
2. Based on BLS Occupational Employment Statistics and updated quarterly
Applicants for this program must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- Completed application
- GPA: Meet 1 of these 4 GPA options for admission
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the candidate in an academic setting
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions where baccalaureate and/or post-baccalaureate coursework was completed or attempted
- Hold one of the following certifications: California Child Development Associate Teacher Permit or higher, Single Subject Credential Home Economics, Child Development Associate Credential or a comparable credential
This program is only available to California residents.
For information about exam/test score requirements, please reference the Brandman University Catalog
Course List Code Title Credits Emphasis Required Courses EDUU 640 Foundations of Leadership in Early Childhood Settings
EDUU 641 Public Policy and Fiscal Planning for Early Childhood Leaders
EDUU 642 Leadership and Human Resources in Early Childhood Settings
EDUU 643 Early Childhood Program Evaluation: Capstone
Ways to Get Started
Meet Our Faculty
Cheryl Sjostrom, Ed.D.
Early Childhood Special Education
Early Childhood Education