|EDUU 600||Research and Evaluation Methods||
|EDUU 630||Leadership and Policy in Special Education||
|EDUU 631||Program Development and Organization in Special Education||
|EDUU 632||Advanced Assessment and Program Evaluation in Special Education||
|EDUU 661||Collaboration in Special Education||
|EDUU 633||Special Education Capstone||
|Emphasis Area Elective Courses||
|When applying, students must select one emphasis area from the options below.||
MA in Special Education, Advanced Methodology
Advanced Methodology Program Overview
The Master of Arts in Special Education, Advanced Methodology prepares you to be a positive change agent as a special education instructor. Using the core curriculum aligned with the Council for Exceptional Children’s Advanced Content Standards, you will learn advanced assessment and instructional strategies for addressing the varied needs of all children.
As a student, you will:
- Use data-based strategies to meet the individual needs of students with disabilities.
- Advocate for policy and curriculum development by using special education history, pedagogy and new research.
- Apply content and professional knowledge to enhance instructional programs and curricula.
- Evaluate current best practices for instruction and assessment using evidence-based educational research.
- Evaluate and analyze student achievement and program effectiveness utilizing nonbiased instruments and knowledge of research-based practices.
- Participate in and provide opportunities for professional development that support children with special needs, their families, schools and communities.
- Implement culturally responsive and collaborative consultation to students to enhance the opportunities for those with exceptional learning needs.
Fall I (Sep 04, 2018)
$640/CreditHelp me estimate my cost
Ways to Learn
Brandman has taught me a lot about teaching to different levels of students.
There are definite financial advantages to getting a master’s degree. You have the ability to max out on the pay scale. Initially, this was a motivator for me, but once I got into my master’s program and saw how I could apply what I was learning in my classroom, it wasn’t about the money so much anymore.
Imagine Your Future In Special Education: Advanced Methodology
Results for [location name]
Top Organizations Hiring
Data source: Economic Modeling, LLC (Emsi) / www.economicmodeling.com
The pathway information provided through this website are based in part on U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data that is licensed by Brandman University from Emsi. While Brandman University believes this data to be reliable as a whole, some of the data is based on estimates made by Emsi, when actual data is not available. Those estimates and the corresponding data may not be accurate.
1. Change in employment projections 2016 - 2026
2. Based on BLS Occupational Employment Statistics and updated quarterly
Applicants for this program must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- Completed application
- Two letters of recommendation
- GPA: Meet 1 of these 4 GPA options for admission
- Hold a current special education teaching credential or take EDUU 511 Collaboration For Inclusive Schooling
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions where baccalaureate and/or post-baccalaureate coursework was completed or attempted
Only credits from regionally accredited institutions may be accepted in transfer. Failure to report any previous academic work at another college or university may be considered a violation of academic integrity.
- Cannot be older than two years from the date of application
- Must be on official letterhead
- Must be written by individuals familiar with the candidate in an academic setting with knowledge of the candidate’s ability to successfully complete graduate courses
- Must address the candidate’s fit for the program
Brandman University awards 6 semester credits towards the Advanced Methodology emphasis area for successful completion of an Education Specialist Clear Induction Program. The Education Specialist Clear Induction program must be completed prior to the student being awarded these 6 units.
Course List Code Title Credits EDUU 638 Advanced Assessment and Instructional Strategies for Persons with Mild/Moderate Disabilities
EDUU 650 Transitions Across the Life Span
EDUU 660 Seminar on Instructional Supports for Persons With Moderate/Severe Disabilities
CSPU 639 Advanced Positive Behavioral Supports
Ways to Get Started
Meet Our Faculty
Nicole Nicholson, Ed.D.
Cheryl Sjostrom, Ed.D.
Early Childhood Special Education
Early Childhood Education