|EDUU 600||Research and Evaluation Methods||
|EDUU 630||Leadership and Policy in Special Education||
|EDUU 631||Program Development and Organization in Special Education||
|EDUU 632||Advanced Assessment and Program Evaluation in Special Education||
|EDUU 661||Collaboration in Special Education||
|EDUU 633||Special Education Capstone||
|Emphasis Area Elective Courses||
|When applying, students must select one emphasis area from the options below.||
MA in Special Education, Autism
Autism Program Overview
The Master of Arts in Special Education, Autism prepares you to teach and meet the varied needs of students across the autism spectrum. The coursework explores etiologies and characteristics of autism disorders, the neurobiological and cognitive issues people with them experience, and assessment strategies for success.
As a student, you will:
- Implement evidence-based instructional and behavioral strategies to meet the varied needs of students across the autism spectrum.
- Advocate for policy and curriculum development by utilizing special education history, pedagogy and latest research.
- Apply content and professional knowledge to enhance instructional programs and curricula.
- Evaluate current best practices for instruction and assessment using evidence-based educational research.
- Evaluate and analyze student achievement and program effectiveness utilizing nonbiased instruments and knowledge of research-based practices.
- Participate in and provide opportunities for professional development that support children with special needs, their families, schools and communities.
- Implement culturally responsive and collaborative consultation for students to enhance the opportunities for those with exceptional learning needs.
Spring II (Mar 09, 2020)
$660/CreditHelp me estimate my cost
Ways to Learn
Ways to Get Started
Brandman has taught me a lot about teaching to different levels of students.
There are definite financial advantages to getting a master’s degree. You have the ability to max out on the pay scale. Initially, this was a motivator for me, but once I got into my master’s program and saw how I could apply what I was learning in my classroom, it wasn’t about the money so much anymore.
Imagine Your Future In Special Education: Autism
Results for [location name]
Top Organizations Hiring
Data source: Economic Modeling, LLC (Emsi) / www.economicmodeling.com
The pathway information provided through this website are based in part on U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data that is licensed by Brandman University from Emsi. While Brandman University believes this data to be reliable as a whole, some of the data is based on estimates made by Emsi, when actual data is not available. Those estimates and the corresponding data may not be accurate.
1. Change in employment projections 2016 - 2026
2. Based on BLS Occupational Employment Statistics and updated quarterly
Applicants for this program must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- Completed application
- Two letters of recommendation
- GPA: Meet 1 of these 4 GPA options for admission
- Hold a current special education teaching credential or take EDUU 511 Collaboration For Inclusive Schooling
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions where baccalaureate and/or post-baccalaureate coursework was completed or attempted
Only credits from regionally accredited institutions may be accepted in transfer. Failure to report any previous academic work at another college or university may be considered a violation of academic integrity.
- Cannot be older than two years from the date of application
- Must be on official letterhead
- Must be written by individuals familiar with the candidate in an academic setting with knowledge of the candidate’s ability to successfully complete graduate courses
- Must address the candidate’s fit for the program
Candidates who complete this emphasis area and have an appropriate credential may be eligible to be recommended for the authorization prior to the completion of their degree. See an advisor for more information.
Course List Code Title Credits EDUU 575 Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorders: Etiologies and Characteristics
EDUU 675 Assessing Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
EDUU 676 Autism Spectrum Disorders: Programming and Strategies, I
EDUU 677 Autism Spectrum Disorders: Programming and Strategies, II
Meet Our Faculty
Anne Spillane, Ph.D.
Nicole Nicholson, Ed.D.
Cheryl Sjostrom, Ed.D.
Early Childhood Special Education
Early Childhood Education