|EDUU 511||Collaboration For Inclusive Schooling for current special education credential||3|
|Core (18 credits)|
|EDUU 600||Research and Evaluation Methods||
|EDUU 630||Leadership and Policy in Special Education||
|EDUU 631||Program Development and Organization in Special Education||
|EDUU 632||Advanced Assessment and Program Evaluation in Special Education||
|EDUU 661||Collaboration in Special Education||
|EDUU 633||Special Education Capstone||
|Emphasis Area Elective Courses||
|When applying, students must select one emphasis area from the options below.||
MA in Special Education, Autism
Prepare to address the instructional and assessment needs for students identified with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) in a flexible program designed for working MA in Special Education Master’s in Special Education educators.
Meet the Varied Needs of Students Across the Autism Spectrum
Explore the etiologies and characteristics of autism disorders to gain a better understanding of students and their needs. With a special education master’s degree in autism, you’ll study the neurobiological and cognitive issues people with autism disorders experience as well as assessment strategies for success so you can become more effective in the classroom.
As an autism master's degree student, you will:
- Implement evidence-based instructional and behavioral strategies to meet the varied needs of students across the autism spectrum.
- Advocate for policy and curriculum development by utilizing special education history, pedagogy and latest research.
- Apply content and professional knowledge to enhance instructional programs and curricula.
- Evaluate current best practices for instruction and assessment using evidence-based educational research.
- Evaluate and analyze student achievement and program effectiveness utilizing nonbiased instruments and knowledge of research-based practices.
- Participate in and provide opportunities for professional development that support children with special needs, their families, schools and communities.
- Implement culturally responsive and collaborative consultation for students to enhance the opportunities for those with exceptional learning needs.
Spring II (Mar 8, 2021)
$670/CreditHelp me estimate my cost
Ways to Learn
Ways to Get Started
Brandman has taught me a lot about teaching to different levels of students.
There are definite financial advantages to getting a master’s degree. You have the ability to max out on the pay scale. Initially, this was a motivator for me, but once I got into my master’s program and saw how I could apply what I was learning in my classroom, it wasn’t about the money so much anymore.
What can you do with Special Education: Autism
Results for [location name]
Top Organizations Hiring
Data source: Economic Modeling, LLC (Emsi) / www.economicmodeling.com
The pathway information provided through this website are based in part on U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data that is licensed by Brandman University from Emsi. While Brandman University believes this data to be reliable as a whole, some of the data is based on estimates made by Emsi, when actual data is not available. Those estimates and the corresponding data may not be accurate.
1. Change in employment projections 2019 - 2029
2. Based on BLS Occupational Employment Statistics and updated quarterly
3. Brandman University does not guarantee a job to graduates upon completion of any program
Applicants for the master’s degree in special education, must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- Completed application
- Two letters of recommendation
- GPA: Meet 1 of these 4 GPA options for admission
- Hold a current special education teaching credential or take EDUU 511 Collaboration For Inclusive Schooling
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions where baccalaureate and/or post-baccalaureate coursework was completed or attempted
Only credits from regionally accredited institutions may be accepted in transfer. Failure to report any previous academic work at another college or university may be considered a violation of academic integrity.
- Cannot be older than two years from the date of application
- Must be on official letterhead
- Must be written by individuals familiar with the candidate in an academic setting with knowledge of the candidate’s ability to successfully complete graduate courses
- Must address the candidate’s fit for the program
Master of Arts in Special Education Program Curriculum
Candidates who complete this emphasis area and have an appropriate credential may be eligible to be recommended for the authorization prior to the completion of their degree. See an advisor for more information.
Course List Code Title Credits EDUU 575 Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorders: Etiologies and Characteristics
EDUU 675 Assessing Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
EDUU 676 Autism Spectrum Disorders: Programming and Strategies, I
EDUU 677 Autism Spectrum Disorders: Programming and Strategies, II
Meet Our Faculty
Anne Spillane, Ph.D.
Nicole Nicholson, Ed.D.
Cheryl Sjostrom, Ed.D.
Early Childhood Special Education
Early Childhood Education