|CSPU 511||Introduction to the Ethical Practice of School Counseling||
|CSPU 515||Practicum in Counseling and Intervention *||
|CSPU 616||Leadership and Systems Change||
|CSPU 617||Transition to Work and Career||
|CSPU 618||Best Practices in Counseling||
|CSPU 620||Supervision and Mentoring in School Counseling I||
|CSPU 621||Supervision and Mentoring in School Counseling II||
|EDUU 602||Positive Behavior Supports||
PPSC in School Counseling
PPSC in School Counseling Program Overview
The Pupil Personnel Services Credential in School Counseling prepares you to become a school counselor, providing students the support and encouragement they need to pursue college and careers. Those without a master’s degree should consider Brandman’s Master of Arts in Counseling with Pupil Personnel Services Credential integrated program.
As a student, you will:
- Support students with social and developmental needs.
- Assist students with study and organizational skills.
- Help pupils build problem solving and coping skills.
- Provide career and higher education advisement.
Summer I (May 04, 2020)
$660/CreditHelp me estimate my cost
Ways to Learn
Ways to Get Started
My academic advisor was a great support system. He was my advisor throughout my master’s program and he took the time to learn about me personally so we could make the best schedule to accommodate my life.
One of the benefits that Brandman offers is …online course work. So I can complete my assignments, turn them in online. I was able to continue my job and be able to work on my school on the evenings or on the weekends.
Imagine Your Future In Pupil Personnel Services Credential in School Counseling
Results for [location name]
Top Organizations Hiring
Data source: Economic Modeling, LLC (Emsi) / www.economicmodeling.com
The pathway information provided through this website are based in part on U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data that is licensed by Brandman University from Emsi. While Brandman University believes this data to be reliable as a whole, some of the data is based on estimates made by Emsi, when actual data is not available. Those estimates and the corresponding data may not be accurate.
1. Change in employment projections 2016 - 2026
2. Based on BLS Occupational Employment Statistics and updated quarterly
Applicants for this program must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- Completed application
- An autobiographical essay (2-3 pages)
- GPA: Meet 1 of these 4 GPA options for admission
- Current Resume (showing experience working with children)
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions where baccalaureate and/or post-baccalaureate coursework was completed or attempted
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who know the candidate in a work setting, preferably one working with children
- Proof of passing score report on the California Basic Skills Test (CBEST) or any of the CTC approved basic skills test.
This program is only available to California residents
A stand alone School Counseling Credential may be available to candidates who have earned a Masters Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work, Counseling, or the equivalent in a directly related field from a regionally accredited institution.
For detailed information about graduate exam and minimum test score requirements, please reference the Brandman University Catalog.