|CSPU 511||Introduction to the Ethical Practice of School Counseling||
|CSPU 515||Practicum in Counseling and Intervention *||
|CSPU 617||Transition to Work and Career||
|CSPU 618||Best Practices in Counseling||
|CSPU 620||Supervision and Mentoring in School Counseling I||
|CSPU 621||Supervision and Mentoring in School Counseling II||
PPSC in School Counseling
PPSC in School Counseling Program Overview
The Pupil Personnel Services Credential in School Counseling prepares you to become a school counselor, providing students the support and encouragement they need to pursue college and careers. Those without a master’s degree should consider Brandman’s Master of Arts in Counseling with Pupil Personnel Services Credential integrated program.
As a student, you will:
- Support students with social and developmental needs.
- Assist students with study and organizational skills.
- Help pupils build problem solving and coping skills.
- Provide career and higher education advisement.
Fall I (Sep 04, 2018)
$640/CreditHelp me estimate my cost
Ways to Learn
Great course that allowed me to focus on creating a healthy lifestyle in every area of my life, with myself and my family.
This was an excellent program that had a big impact on the way I work with my direct reports. I was able to apply the techniques and principles immediately. I have already realized results with my section manager…The instructors were fantastic - very knowledgeable and excellent teachers.
Applicants for this program must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- Completed application
- An autobiographical essay (2-3 pages)
- GPA: Meet 1 of these 4 GPA options for admission
- Current Resume (showing experience working with children)
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions where baccalaureate and/or post-baccalaureate coursework was completed or attempted
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who know the candidate in a work setting, preferably one working with children
This program is only available to California residents
A stand alone School Counseling Credential may be available to candidates who have earned a Masters Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work, Counseling, or the equivalent in a directly related field from a regionally accredited institution.
For detailed information about graduate exam and minimum test score requirements, please reference the Brandman University Catalog.
Ways to Get Started
Meet Our Faculty
Micaela Gomez, Ph.D.