A candidate who holds a Multiple Subject Credential can add a Single Subject Authorization to their Multiple Subject credential by:
- Taking EDSU 533 Content Specific Strategies for Single Subjects (Series) (3 credits)
- Demonstrating subject matter competence through coursework or by passing the appropriate CSET.
Candidates who have completed the requirements for a Single Subject Credential in one content area can add a different Single Subject Authorization in another content area to their credential by:
- Taking EDSU 533 Content Specific Strategies for Single Subjects (Series) (3 credits) in the additional content area with the exception of candidates who are:
- Adding a new science content area to an existing science credential.
- Upgrading a Foundational Level Mathematics credential to a full Math credential.
- Adding an additional World Language content area to an existing World Language Credential.