Brain Based Teaching Strategies
In this course you will examine the research in various brain-based fields, such as neuroscience and psychology (cognitive, developmental, educational), and apply this information to classroom strategies and practices.Register Now
Approximately 30 hoursUp to 6 months to complete coursework
Ways to Learn
2 PDUsGraduate Level Professional Development Credits
Online and self-paced | Dedicated mentor | Interactive assignments
Real-world case studies | Authentic assessments | Earn graduate level professional development credits
Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the anatomy and functional areas of the brain.
- Describe the physiology of learning.
- Differentiate between the various memory stores.
- Discover strategies that help students encode information to long-term memory.
- Analyze the impact of emotion on learning.
- Create a comprehensive brain-based lesson.
Who Should Enroll?
- PreK-12 teachers
- Teacher candidates
- School administrators