This course is delivered by Westcott Courses in partnership with Brandman University
MATU 112 - Business Calculus
Prerequisite: College Algebra and Trigonometry or Precalculus with Trigonometry with a grade of C or better.
Course Description: A study of calculus with emphasis placed on the applications and concepts relating to business and management problems. The course explores mathematical concepts, methods and applications from life issues, science, business, finance and environmental issues. Derivatives and integrals of functions including polynomials, rational, exponential and logarithmic functions are covered.Register Now
Enrollment Schedule: Enroll any day of the year, and start that same day. Students have five months of access, plus a 30 day extension at the end if needed. Students can finish the self-paced courses as soon as they are able. Most students finish the lower level courses in 4 - 8 weeks. The upper level math classes, such as Calculus and above, usually take students 3-4 months. (Note: The 30-day extension cannot take your total course time six months beyond the date of enrollment. At the end of the six months, we must post a grade with the university.)
5 months to completeSingle 30 day extension if needed
$569Payment Plan: First payment of $316.45 and a second payment 30 days later of $259.55
Ways to Learn
4 academic creditLower Division, UG
We partnered with with Westcott Courses to offer online remedial, general education and other courses that count towards degree completion.
Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic techniques of differential calculus.
- Be able to use the terminology and techniques involved in the processes of decision-making.
- Understand the fundamental rules of integration, and demonstrate the connection between area and the definite integral.
- Understand applications of calculus concepts to inventory problems, marginal analysis, and other business and economic problems.
- Apply the concepts of limits, derivatives and integrals to solve problems involving functions unique to business applications and interpret these concepts graphically.
- Apply the basic procedures of optimization.
- Be able to demonstrate real-world problem solving skills: analyze the problem and break it into parts, recognize the concepts applicable to the parts, recognize the relationship between the parts, write the concepts in proper algebraic representations, solve the problem in symbols, interpret the final results.
For more information from Westcott click here
Earn your credit in 4 simple steps
Register and enroll in your course via Westcott Courses.
Once you enroll, Westcott Courses will forward your registration to Brandman University.
You will be working directly with Westcott Courses from the beginning to end of the course.
Once your course is completed, your grade will be posted with Brandman University and you can then order a transcript.
Ways to Get Started
How it Works
These individual courses are available to anyone in the public who would like to enroll in a math or general education course. Unlike traditional colleges where one must enroll in a degree granting program, Westcott Courses offers individual courses where filling out a one page form makes the course immediately available. Westcott Courses is the teacher of the course and your official transcript with academic semester credits will come from one of our partner universities which are regionally accredited by WASC. Westcott Courses does not appear on the transcript; the transcript will show our courses the same way it would show a traditional class taken on the universities campus without being enrolled as a regular student. View transferring the credits.
Teachers for the Course
The classes are self-paced; however, a teacher is attached to each course who holds at least a master's degree in their field of study (or related). Most of our teachers are teachers who teach the exact same course on either a California State University or California Community college campus.
Omega MathTM Courses
Courses that have the trademark of "Omega MathTM Courses", are courses that have been written by our Omega Math team, and have a format that students love! These courses contain all the lessons, homework, solution manuals, quizzes, tests and the final. Students can take each test and quiz twice, and only the higher of the two scores counts towards their grade. This feature enables students to figure out what they did wrong before pushing forward, providing them with a deeper understanding of the course material.