Essentials of Interpersonal Communication
In this course, you will explore the essentials of interpersonal communication. In today’s fast paced world, successful interpersonal communication is increasingly difficult. Special attention will be given to the components of the communication process, filters and barriers, techniques for improving communication, and learning how to effectively use communication technologies, such as social media, within interpersonal communication.Register Now
You will identify three components of interpersonal communication that you want to improve and then develop specific action plans that address these growth areas.
15 hours6 months to complete coursework
Ways to Learn
1 PDUGraduate Level Professional Development Credit
Online and self-paced | Dedicated mentor | Interactive assignments
Real-world case studies | Authentic assessments | Earn graduate level professional development credits
Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the interpersonal communication process.
- Explain the filters and barriers that affect interpersonal communication.
- Identify ways to improve personal communication, including listening skills.
- Analyze how to effectively use communication technologies.
- Interpersonal Communication Overview
- Interpersonal Communication in the Information Age
- Interpersonal Communication: What it Is and What it Is Not
- Communication Filters
- Communication Barriers
- Send Clear Messages
- Develop Listening Skills
- Social Media
- Mobile Communication
- Email Etiquette