Suggested Examples:

  • “Online Programs”
  • “Business Degrees”
  • “Brandman Resources”
  • “Social Work”

Brandman University and the University of Massachusetts are one step closer to a strategic partnership.

Learn More


Extended Education FAQ's

Academic Programs

What is the difference between courses for academic credit and credit for professional development?

Academic semester credit courses may be used to satisfy requirements in undergraduate, graduate level degree, credential, or certificate programs. Most Professional Development Units (PDU) are calculated at 15 contact hours per one PDU. Courses that award PDUs may be useful to move up salary scales, maintain certifications or licensures. Unless specifically articulated to an academic credit bearing course or program, these courses may not be used to satisfy coursework in any degree program.

Do I need to complete the admissions process for certificate and authorization programs through Extended Education?

Yes, please complete the Application for Graduate Admission prior to registration for any certificate or authorization program in Extended Education.

Does my professional certification or authorization count toward my degree?

Certain professional certifications may qualify as substitutions for specific courses in Brandman University academic certificate and degree programs. Visit our Academic Catalog to see what certification can be used toward degree credit.

Does the School of Extended Education have Onestop Representatives or Academic Advisors?

Our specialized Program Coordinators provide all student services related to academic programs including financial aid, academic advising, and course registration.  Call 800-632-0094 or email [email protected] to reach our Academic Program Coordinator.

What is the difference between courses for academic credit and credit for professional development?

Students enrolled in courses providing academic credit in our CTEL Certificate and Autism Authorization programs and admitted to Brandman University may be eligible for financial aid. For more information, please call 800-632-0094.

How do I see my grade and how will I know it is posted?

Grades for academic courses are available 2 weeks post session.  Using your Brandman University student account, log in to MyBrandman and click on the “Self-Service” icon in the Quick Links area in the upper right corner of the page.   Log in to the secure site and click on the Student tab. To view your grades, click on Student Records.

What is a LiveText membership and how is it used?

LiveText membership refers to the one-time student paid fee that provides access to a platform for posting signature assignments and portfolio work.  The university uses data generated by LiveText student interactions to support accreditation and track course data.  Additional information regarding LiveText is available here.

What is the refund policy for academic courses?

Please refer to Tuition Refund Policy in the Brandman University Academic Catalog.

How do I know if I need a textbook for my course and how do I purchase the textbook?

Textbooks identified in the syllabus for your course(s) may be purchased at the time of online registration.  Textbooks may be purchased though Follett, our online bookstore.

Further your education with a few questions

Please enter your zip code to proceed.
Please enter a valid zip code to proceed.
Is this an international zip code?
Please select a degree type
Please select your area of interest
Please select a program type
Please select a session
Please enter your name
Please enter your last name
Please enter your email to proceed
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter your phone number to proceed.
Please enter a valid phone number.

About Brandman

Earn your bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or certificate at Brandman, a regionally accredited university.

We value your privacy

By submitting this form, I agree that Brandman may contact me about educational services by voice, pre-recorded message and/or text message using automated technology, at the phone number provided, including wireless numbers. I understand that my consent is not required to attend Brandman University. Privacy Policy