FCC Accelerated General Radio Operators License (GROL)
The FCC Radio License course provides the knowledge students require to pass the FCC General Radiotelephone Operator's License (GROL) exam. The course provides basic radio law and equipment operating practices for ships, aircrafts, and other FCC licensed radio communications equipment. It also provides general electrical and electronic knowledge required to operate, repair, and maintain radio transmitters and receivers. The General Radio Operator's License is recognized by several employers as evidence of knowledge in the radio telecommunications field.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Recite rules and regulations governing aircraft and maritime radiotelephone communications applicable to the FCC GROL exam.
- Describe electrical/electronic component and radio system principles, concepts, and theory.
- Apply mathematical equations presented in electrical, electronic, and radio theory..
- Describe power source application and types of antennas in radio communications.
- Differentiate equipment and systems used for aircraft navigation.
- Describe radio equipment installation, maintenance, repair practice and procedure.
- Define safety support systems and equipment used for marine navigation.
- Discuss applicable radio and radar equipment/system safety rules and procedures.
Tuition covers only the cost of the course. Nothing else is provided to the student.
Ways to Learn