TECU 0009: FCC General Radio Operators License (GROL)
Gain the necessary training to prepare for the FCC General Radio Operator’s License Exam.
The FCC General Radio Operator’s License course provides the knowledge students require to pass the FCC General Radio Operator’s License exam. The course provides basic radio law and equipment operating practices for ships, aircrafts, and other FCC licensed radio communications equipment. It also provides general electrical and electronic knowledge required to operate, repair, and maintain radio transmitters and receivers. The General Radio Operator's License is recognized by several employers as evidence of knowledge in the radio telecommunications field.
Approximately 30 hours
$1500EdAssist discounted rate: $1,350
Ways to Learn
Ways to Get Started
Live Online Format
This course is also taught with Brandman’s LIVE ONLINE training format using a video communications software. Students receive the same high-quality training as found in a traditional classroom setting. Join us from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Delivered in real time by an instructor
- Full access to course presentations and documents
- Live interaction with classmates and instructor using a collaborative learning platform
- Play back recording of any class for later review
Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Recite rules and regulations governing aircraft and maritime radiotelephone communications applicable to the FCC GROL exam
- Describe electrical/electronic component and radio system principles, concepts, and theory
- Apply mathematical equations presented in electrical, electronic, and radio theory
- Describe power source application and types of antennas in radio communications
- Differentiate equipment and systems used for aircraft navigation
- Describe radio equipment installation, maintenance, repair practice and
- Define safety support systems and equipment used for marine navigation
- Discuss applicable radio and radar equipment/system safety rules and procedures
Tuition covers only the cost of the course. Nothing else is provided to the student.