TECU 0046: Fiber Optics Installer
In this course students will gain the necessary training to prepare for the ETA Fiber Optics Installer Certification exam.
The Fiber Optic Installer Certification course is designed for technicians responsible for the layout, installation and/or maintenance of fiber optic cabling systems. The course provides certification through the Electronic Technicians Association (ETA) and covers fiber optic theory, codes, standards, and other practices widely accepted in the fiber optics industry.
During training, participants have the opportunity for individual hands-on training while demonstrating individual installation skills, including fiber terminations, cable preparations, fusion splicing, OTDR, and optical loss testing. Students successfully completing the course will have met all requirements necessary to sit for the ETA Fiber Optics Installer Certification exam.
Approximately 30 hours
$1850EdAssist discounted rate: $1,665
Ways to Learn
Ways to Get Started
- Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Design a fiber optic system
- Fiber and cable construction
- Learn the History of fiber optics
- Install end connectors
- Multi-mode versus single-mode
- Primary loss factors affecting fibers
- Splice fibers with mechanical splices
- Test end connectors with a power meter and light source
- Test the spliced fibers with an OTDR
- Learn the Theory of fiber optics
- Understanding optical time domain reflectometers (OTDRs)
- Splice fibers with a fusion splicer
Tuition covers only the cost of the course. Nothing else is provided to the student.