TECU 0046: Fiber Optics Installer
This is the first in the Fiber Optics program series and will prepare you to sit for the ETA Fiber Optics Installer Certification exam.
This course is designed for technicians responsible for the layout, installation and/or maintenance of fiber optic cabling systems. The course covers fiber optic theory, codes, standards, and other practices widely accepted in the fiber optics industry.
Students will have the opportunity for individual hands-on training while demonstrating individual installation skills, including fiber terminations, cable preparations, fusion splicing, OTDR, and optical loss testing. Students successfully completing the course will have met all requirements necessary to sit for the ETA Fiber Optics Installer Certification exam.
Approximately 30 hours
$1850EdAssist discounted rate: $1,665
Ways to Learn
Ways to Get Started
- Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Design a fiber optic system
- Fiber and cable construction
- Learn the history of fiber optics
- Install end connectors
- Multi-mode versus single-mode
- Primary loss factors affecting fibers
- Splice fibers with mechanical and fusion splices
- Test end connectors with a power meter and light source
- Test the spliced fibers with an OTDR
- Learn the theory of fiber optics
- Understanding optical time domain reflectometers (OTDRs)
Tuition covers only the cost of the course. Nothing else is provided to the student.