TECU 0065: Fiber Optics Technician
Concluding the Fiber Optics program series, students will be prepared to sit for the ETA Fiber Optics Technician Certification exam.
This advanced level course is designed for all individuals who are already at the level of a fiber optic installer and wish to expand their knowledge of communication fiber optics. Fiber Optic Technicians are expected to obtain advanced knowledge of fiber optic concepts that will allow them to be involved with designing, configuring, installing, and maintaining fiber optic systems. Technicians will be able to test and troubleshoot Local and Wide Area Networks with various faults. Students successfully completing the course will be prepared for the ETA Fiber Optics Technician Certification exam.
Approximately 24 hours
$1850EdAssist discounted rate: $1,665
Ways to Learn
Ways to Get Started
Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the basic operation of a transmitter
- Explain Snell’s Law
- Distinguish the relationship and purpose between the different refractive index
- Define dispersion in an optical fiber
- Explain how to safely handle and dispose of fiber optic cable
- Explain how fibers can be blown through microducts instead of installing cables
underground or in structures
- Describe the advantages of fusion splicing over mechanical splicing
- Describe how to properly perform a connector endface cleaning and visual inspection in accordance with ANSI/TIA-455-57B Preparation and Examination of Optical Fiber Endface for Testing Purposes
- Identify standards and federal regulations that classify the light sources used in
fiber optic transmitters
Tuition covers only the cost of the course. Nothing else is provided to the student.