A Growth Mindset is the foundation for resilience and persistence. This course will describe what a Growth Mindset is (as compared to a Fixed Mindset), the correlation and effects a Growth Mindset has on the brain, the power of grit, and strategies for developing a Growth Mindset classroom.Register Now
Furthermore, this course will prepare you to create a lesson plan to teach your students about a Growth Mindset, how to embrace a Growth Mindset through questioning and awareness, and to implement strategies to develop this mindset themselves.
30 hours6 months to complete coursework
Ways to Learn
2 PDUsGraduate Level Professional Development Credits
Online and self-paced | Dedicated mentor | Interactive assignments
Real-world case studies | Authentic assessments | Earn graduate level professional development credits
Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain what a growth mindset is and why it is important to have
- Contrast the differences between a growth mindset and a fixed mindset
- Analyze your own mindset
- Explore various strategies to develop growth mindset including the Power of Yet, grit, and embracing mistakes
- What is a Growth Mindset?
- The Power of Yet
- Embracing Mistakes
- Creating a Growth Mindset Lesson
- Growth Mindset Applied
Who Should Enroll?
- PreK-12 teachers
- Teacher candidates
- School administrators