Intro to Psychology
This course is delivered by Westcott Courses in partnership with Brandman University
PSYU 101 - Intro to Psychology
Course Description: This course provides an introduction to psychology as the scientific study of mental processes and human behavior. Biological, environmental and social factors which influence human behavior are examined as well as how humans feel, reason, remember, learn and develop. Psychological disorders and therapy methods are introduced.Register Now
Enrollment Schedule: Enroll any day of the year, and start that same day. Students have five months of access, plus a 30 day extension at the end if needed. Students can finish the self-paced courses as soon as they are able. Most students finish the lower level courses in 4 - 8 weeks. The upper level math classes, such as Calculus and above, usually take students 3-4 months. (Note: The 30-day extension cannot take your total course time six months beyond the date of enrollment. At the end of the six months, we must post a grade with the university.)
5 months to completeSingle 30 day extension if needed
$528Payment Plan: First payment of $293.90 and a second payment 30 days later of $241.10.
Ways to Learn
3 academic creditsLower Division, UG
We partnered with with Westcott Courses to offer online remedial, general education and other courses that count towards degree completion.
Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the major concepts of psychology, historical trends and empirical findings.
- Explain the differences between the major theoretical perspectives of psychology.
- Explain why psychology is considered a science and be able to think scientifically about mental processes and behavior.
- Understand the different basic psychological research methods and their application to behavior, emotions and cognition.
- Understand research design, data analysis, data interpretation and identify the pros and cons of each method.
- Use skeptical inquiry and critical thinking skills effectively to seek and evaluate scientific evidence for psychological claims, differentiate empirical evidence from speculation and analyze a variety of types of media for valid psychological findings.
- Understand and apply psychological concepts, theories and research findings to personal, social and everyday life.
- Distinguish between ethical and unethical behavior in the practice of psychology.
- Understand the interconnections between psychology and other disciplines.
For more information from Westcott click here
Earn your credit in 4 simple steps
Register and enroll in your course via Westcott Courses.
Once you enroll, Westcott Courses will forward your registration to Brandman University.
You will be working directly with Westcott Courses from the beginning to end of the course.
Once your course is completed, your grade will be posted with Brandman University and you can then order a transcript.
Ways to Get Started
How it Works
These individual courses are available to anyone in the public who would like to enroll in a math or general education course. Unlike traditional colleges where one must enroll in a degree granting program, Westcott Courses offers individual courses where filling out a one page form makes the course immediately available. Westcott Courses is the teacher of the course and your official transcript with academic semester credits will come from one of our partner universities which are regionally accredited by WASC. Westcott Courses does not appear on the transcript; the transcript will show our courses the same way it would show a traditional class taken on the universities campus without being enrolled as a regular student. View transferring the credits.
Teachers for the Course
The classes are self-paced; however, a teacher is attached to each course who holds at least a master's degree in their field of study (or related). Most of our teachers are teachers who teach the exact same course on either a California State University or California Community college campus.
Omega MathTM Courses
Courses that have the trademark of "Omega MathTM Courses", are courses that have been written by our Omega Math team, and have a format that students love! These courses contain all the lessons, homework, solution manuals, quizzes, tests and the final. Students can take each test and quiz twice, and only the higher of the two scores counts towards their grade. This feature enables students to figure out what they did wrong before pushing forward, providing them with a deeper understanding of the course material.