Leadership Core Certificate
This certificate provides leaders with skills and knowledge that are necessary to be successful in leading others while increasing their self-awareness to become better leaders.
For organizations to grow and be successful, they need skilled leaders who can confidently lead others while helping the organization achieve their goals and objectives. Effective leaders have acquired the necessary skills and knowledge needed to lead others and their organization. They also understand the need to develop a deeper awareness of their own leadership strengths, as well as any development opportunities.
The Leadership Core Certificate includes six competencies:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Effective Communication
- Conflict Resolution
- Performance Management
- Unconscious Bias
Approximately 45 hoursUp to 6 months to complete coursework
$800No additional materials required
Ways to Learn
3 PDUsGraduate Level Professional Development Credits
Access textbooks and course materials completely online - no materials required.
Move at your own pace as your schedule allows – no specific start times or dates.
Need help with an assignment? Submit your questions directly to the instructor for quick replies.
This course features interactive assignments and authentic assessments.
Explore how course content connects to the workplace using real-world case studies.
Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the DiSC Model and discover your primary workplace behavior
- Describe emotional intelligence and identify your personal skills through a self-assessment
- Identify the skills necessary to effectively interact and communicate with others
- Define conflict and develop the skills to identify, address, and resolve conflict
- Describe the performance management process and the value of a performance management system
- Explore the concepts of implicit/explicit bias and their impact on personal relationships, communities, and society as a whole.
- Practice actionable steps using the RIR Protocol to Recognize, Interrupt, and Repair relationships while addressing implicit/explicit biases
- Earn a Certificate of Completion
You may be eligible for tuition reimbursement, check with your
employer to see if you qualify.
Brandman has been a key contributor to fulfilling our strategic goal of developing and educating better leaders in the Court. As a result of the training and services provided by Brandman University and as evidenced by in depth evaluation reports, personnel are decidedly more productive, engaged and knowledgeable in performing their duties.
After spending more years (than I care to admit) in management roles, I was amazed at the amount of new information I learned. The Leadership Program was well worth the time spent away from the office. Instructors were knowledgeable and engaging. Class exercises were fun and collaboration with program participants was a great experience.