Managing Real World Projects
This course provides the key principles of project management and uses a real-world simulation to demonstrate course concepts.
This course presents a streamlined approach to project management based on the best practices of experienced, effective project managers. It cuts through the clutter and focuses on the key principles of project management in the real world, offering tools and techniques for achieving project success.
This course provides a clear road map for leading a project through the five key project stages: Initiating, Planning, Controlling, Executing and Closing. Youll be exposed to the basic tools employed in each of these stages, including templates for a comprehensive project plan, work breakdown schedules, task list, issue list, risk register and close-out documents. Each stage is illustrated by examples and video commentary by project management professionals, where you can see how best practices are applied to solve project challenges.
Approximately 20 hoursUp to 12 months to complete coursework
$249No additional materials required
Ways to Learn
2 CEUsStrategic & Business Management 20 PDUs | Technical PM 6.25 PDUs | HRCI 20
We partnered with MindEdge to bring you affordable, full suite, cloud-based, content-rich online education.
As a student, you will:
- Strengthen your project management and leadership skills
- Participate in a real-world simulation to “get your feet wet”
- Understand the five project stages (initiating, planning, controlling, executing and closing)
- Identify key constraints for projects and how to establish goals and deliverables
- Gain project management best practices
- Understand how to communicate clearly with stakeholders and project team members
- Receive a Certificate of Completion, printable upon successful completion
- Project Management Simulation
- Real-world examples and references for learners to easily explore course topics
- Subject matter expert available to answer questions, provide guidance, and offer additional content to address individual problem areas
Who Should Enroll?
- Adult learners seeking project management experience.