TECU 8005: Microsoft Networking & IT Fundamentals
Understand fundamentals of local area networking, at the end of this course you will be prepared to take the MTA Networking Fundamentals Certification exam.
The Microsoft Networking & IT Fundamentals course helps teach and validate fundamental technology and networking concepts. This text covers the fundamentals of local area networking, defining networks with the OSI Model and understanding wired and wireless networks. In addition, it includes understanding Internet Protocol, implementing TCP/IP and working with networking services. By the end of the course students will better understand wide area networks along with defining network infrastructures and network security. The course will also prepare you to take the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Networking Fundamentals certification exam.
This course is also taught with Brandman’s LIVE ONLINE training format. Students receive the same high-quality training as found in a traditional classroom setting.
Ways to Learn
Live Online Format
This course is also taught with Brandman’s LIVE ONLINE training format using a video communications software. Students receive the same high-quality training as found in a traditional classroom setting. Join us from anywhere with an internet connection.
LIVE ONLINE training includes:
- Delivered in real time by an instructor
- Full access to course presentations and documents
- Live interaction with classmates and instructor using a collaborative learning platform
- Play back recording of any class for later review
Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand Local Area Networking
- Define Networks with the OSI Model
- Understand Wired and Wireless Networks
- Understand Internet Protocol
- Implement TCP/IP in the Command Line
- Work with Networking Services
- Understand Wide Area Networks
- Define Network Infrastructure and Network Security
Tuition covers only the cost of the course. Nothing else is provided to the student.