NHCU 0078: Python 3 Essentials
Throughout the course students will be led through a series of progressively advanced topics, where each topic consists of lecture, group discussion, comprehensive hands-on lab exercises, and lab review. This course is “skills-centric”, designed to train attendees in core Python and web development skills beyond an intermediate level, coupling the most current, effective techniques with best practices. Working within in an engaging, hands-on learning environment, guided by our expert Python practitioner.
As a student, you will:
- Create working Python scripts following best practices
- Use python data types appropriately
- Read and write files with both text and binary data
- Search and replace text with regular expressions
- Get familiar with the standard library and its work-saving modules
- Use lesser-known but powerful Python data types
- Create "real-world", professional Python applications
- Work with dates, times, and calendars
- Know when to use collections such as lists, dictionaries, and sets
- Understand Pythonic features such as comprehensions and iterators
- Write robust code using exception handling
Who Should Enroll?
- Experienced Programmers and Systems Administrators.
Ways to Learn