NHCU 0070: RHCSA Rapid Track course with RHCSA Exam (RH200)
Combines Red Hat System Administration I and II at a rapid pace The RHCSA Rapid Track course (RH200) relates to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and is designed for students who already have significant experience with Linux administration. The course reviews the tasks covered in Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and II (RH134) at an accelerated pace. On completion of course materials, students should be prepared to take the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam. This version of the course includes the exam.
Students attending this course should have basic experience with the following, with minimal dependence on documentation:
- Linux (some of the course may be review)
- IPv4 networking addressing and routing concepts, TCP/UDP, and ports
- Navigation of the GNOME 3 interface
- Editing text files from the command line with vim or other available programs
- Finding information in man pages and info nodes
- The concept of file permissions
- Interactive installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Per-user 'at' and 'cron' jobs
- Use of archival utilities such as 'tar', 'zip', and compression utilities
- Absolute and relative paths - Finding files with 'find' and 'locate'
- The bash shell, including job control (&, fg, bg, jobs), shell expansion (command, tilde, globbing, brace, protection from expansion), I/O redirection, and pipes
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Managing users and groups, files, and file permissions
Updating software packages with yum
Managing and troubleshooting system services during the boot process
Network configuration and basic troubleshooting
Managing local storage and creating and using file systems
Firewall management with firewalls
Managing kernel-based virtual machines (KVMs)
Automating installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux using Kickstart
Books, Meals, Travel, Materials, Software, Equipment: No Cost.
The tuition only covers administrative costs and nothing else is provided to the student.
Ways to Learn