NHCU 8365: RHCSA Red Hat System Administrator Rapid Track Course (RH199)
On completion of course materials, students should be prepared to take the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam. Note: This course builds on a student's existing understanding of command-line based Linux system administration. Students should be able to execute common commands using the shell, work with common command options, and access man pages for help. Students lacking this knowledge are strongly encouraged to take Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and II (RH134) instead. Students for this class should have 1-3 years of full time Linux administration experience.
Students attending this course should have basic experience with the following, with minimal dependence on documentation:
- Linux (some of the course may be review)
- IPv4 networking addressing and routing concepts, TCP/UDP, and ports
- Navigation of the GNOME 3 interface
- Editing text files from the command line with vim or other available programs
- Finding information in man pages and info nodes
- The concept of file permissions
- Interactive installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Per-user 'at' and 'cron' jobs
- Use of archival utilities such as 'tar', 'zip', and compression utilities
- Absolute and relative paths - Finding files with 'find' and 'locate'
- The bash shell, including job control (&, fg, bg, jobs), shell expansion (command, tilde, globbing, brace, protection from expansion), I/O redirection, and pipes
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Managing users and groups, files, and file permissions
Updating software packages with yum
Managing and troubleshooting system services during the boot process
Network configuration and basic troubleshooting
Managing local storage and creating and using file systems
Firewall management with firewalls
Managing kernel-based virtual machines (KVMs)
Automating installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux using Kickstart
Books, Meals, Travel, Materials, Software, Equipment: No Cost.
The tuition only covers administrative costs and nothing else is provided to the student.
Ways to Learn