TECU 8002: Routing & Switching Essentials
Understand how to configure a router and a switch for basic functionality and resolve common issues.
The Routing & Switching Essentials course describes the architecture, components, and operations of routers and switches in a small network. Students learn how to configure a router and a switch for basic functionality. By the end of this course, students will be able to configure and troubleshoot routers and switches and resolve common issues with virtual LANs and interVLAN routing in both IPv4 and IPv6 networks. This course can be followed by the Scaling Networks course, which covers these topics in more depth and teaches learners how to perform basic troubleshooting steps in enterprise branch office networks.
Approximately 30 hours
$1850EdAssist discounted rate: $1,665
Ways to Learn
2 PDUsUndergraduate Professional Development Units
Live Online Format
This course is also taught with Brandman’s LIVE ONLINE training format using a video communications software. Students receive the same high-quality training as found in a traditional classroom setting. Join us from anywhere with an internet connection.
LIVE ONLINE training includes:
- Delivered in real time by an instructor
- Full access to course presentations and documents
- Live interaction with classmates and instructor using a collaborative learning platform
- Play back recording of any class for later review
Upon successful mastery of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand Routing Concepts
- Understand Static Routing
- Understand Basic and Intermediate Dynamic Routing
- Switched Networks
- Configure a Switch
- Configure VLANs
- Configure Standard Access Control Lists
- NAT for IPv4
- Device Discovery
- Management and Maintenance of Networks
Tuition covers only the cost of the course. Nothing else is provided to the student.